Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

as previously documented in the Informal Anarchist Actions... thread. yesterdays State Sanctioned Exercise took place in the far west of Shropshire, in the area of Clun, Llanfair Waterdine and out to Bettws-y-Crwyn and Anchor.
064.1.jpg
061.1.jpg
053.1.jpg069.1.jpg
068.1.jpg

gorgeous day. sunny, blustery, and cold: 6c on the high ground. being a right bad'un, i crossed into Wales a couple of times during my walk.031.1.jpg

Last edited:
That is a huge port.. freight, industrial waste and massive cruise ship. Where is it? If you don't mind saying...
Southampton.

The arrow is Mayflower Park where I took the pictures from. To the left on the opposite side of the River Test, you can see Marchwood ERF ('the tit'). Down and to the right of the arrow is where the Queen Mary was docked yesterday.

115-large-7c3c323169913c795a1b851d5efb90a3.jpg

Last edited:
Southampton.

The arrow is Mayflower Park where I took the pictures from. To the left on the opposite side of the River Test, you can see Marchwood ERF ('the tit'). Down and to the right of the arrow is where the Queen Mary was docked yesterday.

View attachment 216436
Thank you, very interesting reading on wiki. I don't think many people are aware how much we are still dependent on ports for food imports and oil too. So much goods moving round the world on very large container ships constantly.

Today's walk was an eventful one and not it a good way. The ongoing hostility between my neighbours further along the road has reached another mini-peak and before I'd even left my road I got roped into a discussion. Within a couple of miles of my walk my camera battery died. I wore the wrong shoes for walking on uneven surfaces and, after about three miles, my feet were killing me so I turned back towards home. Approaching the short hill to my road a delivery van driver cut the corner at the junction, tyres squealing, he roared passed me only to pull directly into my road on a blind bend narrowly missing one of my neighbours who was reversing their car. I entered my road to see one of the main antagonists in the neighbour dispute who wanted to talk to me about an email she sent me first thing this morning. I told her I'd got it and kept on walking so I could have "words" with the delivery van driver. This has probably pissed her off no end! I had words with the van driver who told me he'd been driving for years and was going to ignore my pleas for him to slow down and drive more safely even though he admitted he didn't see the car reversing. :mad:

So, some photos...

A Jensen 541R, I think

The lockdown is partially over now for us with greater travel distances and shop reopenings from today. I will continue to post pics but they will be county wide after today rather than the local shopping/exercise distance .. it has been a strange few weeks - stay safe.

IMG_20200608_123244.jpg

49988981487_daf3eb3df0_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom