Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Petition to request parliament review LTNs

ianarmstrong

10600 signatures so far so a response is now expected and we need 100k to force a debate

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/632748

See how many have signed in your constituency - we need to try and generate 500 to 1000 signatures in each constituency - share this with family, friends, neighbours, community organisations, businesses and encourage them to do the same

796 Dulwich & West Norwood
523 Lewisham East
435 Streatham
428 Enfield Southgate
425 Brentford & Isleworth
408 Oxford East
366 Islington South & Finsbury
354 Tottenham
292 Hackney North & Stoke Newington
278 Warrington North
208 Hornsey & Wood Green
178 Ealing Central & Acton
173 Chelsea & Fulham
155 Eltham
151 Tooting
142 Hackney South & Shoreditch
139 Islington North
136 Vauxhall
135 Lewisham, Deptford
131 Warrington South
125 Birmingham Selly Oak
112 Battersea
109 Greenwich & Woolwich
105 Croydon North
104 Birmingham Hall Green
92 Kingston & Surbiton
88 Oxford West & Abingdon
75 Brighton Pavilion
75 Enfield North
74 Camberwell & Peckham
70 Richmond Park
64 Lewisham West & Penge
59 Sutton & Cheam
58 Putney
57 Carshalton & Wallington
54 Henley
54 Edmonton
51 Old Bexley & Sidcup
51 Bath
50 Chingford & Woodford Green
50 Ealing Southall
48 Chipping Barnet
48 Bethnal Green & Bow
45 Hammersmith
44 Holborn & St. Pancras
42 Bromley & Chislehurst
39 Mitcham & Morden
38 Finchley & Golders Green
32 Hornchurch & Upminister
31 Bermondsey & Old Southwark
30 Walthamstow

Last edited:
Because breathing in heavily polluted air and dangerous drivers using side roads as rat runs is so cool, right?
Shunting all the traffic from the already low traffic side streets (where the more affluent people who own cars generally live) to the already high traffic main/boundary roads (where the less affluent people who do not own cars generally live/work/walk/school/catch public transport) is not an appropriate thing to do, right?

Why are LTN's a (presumably in your view) bad thing, ianarmstrong?
Yes there are lots of negative issues caused by wide area 24/7 LTNs but shunting all the traffic from the already low traffic side streets (where the more affluent people who own cars generally live) to the already high traffic main/boundary roads (where the less affluent people who do not own cars generally live/work/walk/school/catch public transport) is not an appropriate thing to do and the issues it causes need to be reviewed.

Have a watch of this video and it will explain some of the unjustness of these LTN schemes

10032 signatures so far so a response is now expected and we need 100k to force a debate

See how many have signed in your constituency - we need to try and generate 500 to 1000 signatures in each constituency - share this with family, friends, neighbours, community organisations, businesses and encourage them to do the same

781 Dulwich & West Norwood
470 Lewisham East
409 Enfield Southgate
408 Streatham
384 Oxford East
382 Brentford & Isleworth
357 Islington South & Finsbury
330 Tottenham
277 Hackney North & Stoke Newington
271 Warrington North
201 Hornsey & Wood Green
168 Ealing Central & Acton
163 Chelsea & Fulham
152 Eltham
145 Tooting
136 Islington North
135 Hackney South & Shoreditch
130 Lewisham, Deptford
126 Warrington South
123 Birmingham Selly Oak
119 Vauxhall
108 Greenwich & Woolwich
105 Battersea
103 Croydon North
103 Birmingham Hall Green
88 Kingston & Surbiton
84 Oxford West & Abingdon
72 Brighton Pavilion
69 Camberwell & Peckham
69 Enfield North
69 Richmond Park
62 Lewisham West & Penge
55 Putney
55 Carshalton & Wallington
54 Sutton & Cheam
52 Edmonton
52 Henley
50 Old Bexley & Sidcup
48 Chingford & Woodford Green
47 Ealing Southall
45 Chipping Barnet
44 Holborn & St. Pancras
42 Bethnal Green & Bow
41 Hammersmith
39 Bromley & Chislehurst
37 Mitcham & Morden
37 Finchley & Golders Green
Fuck.

Off.

Hurrah! A new member to tell us all about LTN! Just what we needed. Are you one of the loon conspiracy types about this ianarmstrong or just a pro-pollution loon?

And your petition is wrong, 100k doesn't 'force a debate' btw, it gets considered for a debate.
Just ignore the post then if you don't agree with the petition request

Shunting all the traffic from the already low traffic side streets (where the more affluent people who own cars generally live) to the already high traffic main/boundary roads (where the less affluent people who do not own cars generally live/work/walk/school/catch public transport) is not an appropriate thing to do, right?
It's been proven that this doesn't actually happen, or only happens for a limited period. I'd rather breathe and you should walk you lazy wanker.

10032 signatures so far so a response is now expected and we need 100k to force a debate

781 Dulwich & West Norwood
470 Lewisham East
409 Enfield Southgate
408 Streatham
384 Oxford East
382 Brentford & Isleworth
357 Islington South & Finsbury
330 Tottenham
277 Hackney North & Stoke Newington
271 Warrington North
201 Hornsey & Wood Green
168 Ealing Central & Acton
163 Chelsea & Fulham
152 Eltham
145 Tooting
136 Islington North
135 Hackney South & Shoreditch
130 Lewisham, Deptford
126 Warrington South
123 Birmingham Selly Oak
119 Vauxhall
108 Greenwich & Woolwich
105 Battersea
103 Croydon North
103 Birmingham Hall Green
88 Kingston & Surbiton
84 Oxford West & Abingdon
72 Brighton Pavilion
69 Camberwell & Peckham
69 Enfield North
69 Richmond Park
62 Lewisham West & Penge
55 Putney
55 Carshalton & Wallington
54 Sutton & Cheam
52 Edmonton
52 Henley
50 Old Bexley & Sidcup
48 Chingford & Woodford Green
47 Ealing Southall
45 Chipping Barnet
44 Holborn & St. Pancras
42 Bethnal Green & Bow
41 Hammersmith
39 Bromley & Chislehurst
37 Mitcham & Morden
37 Finchley & Golders Green
soz is this for more ltns? let me know and i'll add my signature

Don't turn up and spam this forum with your pet loon project.
It's not spam - it is a genuine sharing post aimed at people who are not happy with LTNs to enable them to register their interest to see parliament review LTNs - just ignore this post if it does not interest you

It's been proven that this doesn't actually happen, or only happens for a limited period. I'd rather breathe and you should walk you lazy wanker.
If you cherry pick the data or don't bother to include data on the roads where the traffic is actually displaced to then you can claim anything you want

LTNs lead to an overall reduction in car traffic, you'd struggle to deny that. Which means less asthma, less cancer, more exercise and better health all round.
That's what the active travel academics and councils imposing LTNs want you to think but they actually concentrate the traffic on certain residential roads which is not fare to the people who live or walk or work or go to school there - they also cause vehicles to have to drive longer distances and get caught up in increased congestion all of which is not great for the carbon footprint but then no one is monitoring that so there is no data on what LTNs do in that regard

That's what the active travel academics and councils imposing LTNs want you to think but they actually concentrate the traffic on certain residential roads which is not fare to the people who live or walk or work or go to school there - they also cause vehicles to have to drive longer distances and get caught up in increased congestion all of which is not great for the carbon footprint but then no one is monitoring that so there is no data on what LTNs do in that regard
Oh. Here it comes. 'They' want me to think. When was the last time you walked more than a mile Ian?

Claims which you'll be able to back up with comprehensive, non-cherry picked, peer reviewed, data.

Off you go

Oh. Here it comes. 'They' want me to think. When was the last time you walked more than a mile Ian?
I walk often - play squash 2 or 3 times a week - when I was a kid I used to ride a bike everywhere - when I was a student I walked or got the bus everywhere - I live in central London so you tend to walk to the bus stop of the tube rather than walk miles - how about you?

Back
Top Bottom