Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paxo v Brand starts in 5 minutes

There's always a danger of posts being read the wrong way. I think that just happened.
Ok, can you put your point in another way please? Because that post to me looked like a mish-mash of having a finger wag at both brand and people who criticised him mixed with a suggestion that the latter are so picky they will only accept a new christ as valid.

Ok, can you put your point in another way please? Because that post to me looked like a mish-mash of having a finger wag at both brand and people who criticised him mixed with a suggestion that the latter are so picky they will only accept a new christ as valid.

Oh right, you sounded like you'd completely missed the point first time round. I should have known you hadn't. :D

I know this is a Russell Brand thread in the TV section, so it's only natural it should be about him - but broadening it out a bit i wasn't finger wagging at Brand so much as he’s irrelevant in that what he said was the important bit, not what he’s like as a bloke. Everything else involving the attachment of his personality to those comments (and future ones) are eventually doomed to fail in some combination of tangled MSM smears with those who broadly agreeing with him feeling that at some point that ‘he’s let the side down by doing x,y,z.’ So my point was we shouldn't obsess about who says these things and defend them because ultimately we're all flawed individuals. He's shone a bit of light where it doesn't always get exposed and that's all we should be thankful for in my view.

Oh right, you sounded like you'd completely missed the point first time round. I should have known you hadn't. :D

I know this is a Russell Brand thread in the TV section, so it's only natural it should be about him - but broadening it out a bit i wasn't finger wagging at Brand so much as he’s irrelevant in that what he said was the important bit, not what he’s like as a bloke. Everything else involving the attachment of his personality to those comments (and future ones) are eventually doomed to fail in some combination of tangled MSM smears with those who broadly agreeing with him feeling that at some point that ‘he’s let the side down by doing x,y,z.’ So my point was we shouldn't obsess about who says these things and defend them because ultimately we're all flawed individuals. He's shone a bit of light where it doesn't always get exposed and that's all we should be thankful for in my view.
I agree. I can already sense people falling into making all this stuff about him rather than the issues - i've probably done it myself on this thread as well. I think some people may well end up in How shall we fuck off, O Lord? situation if they're not a bit more careful.

I agree. I can already sense people falling into making all this stuff about him rather than the issues - i've probably done it myself on this thread as well. I think some people may well end up in How shall we fuck off, O Lord? situation if they're not a bit more careful.

Im not sure if im relieved or pleased you agreed with me :)

Mussolini and North Korea, Brand threw Che Guevara in today. It's not a debate, it's a shit game of top trumps. I like tractors best.

and if he plagiarised that he wants hobbling

The way the media are going on, you'd think Brand was the first person to say, "All politics is crap." It seems they've only just woken up to the fact that most of us aren't too keen on politicians. And they're putting too much emphasis on Brand himself, rather the issue, but that's not surprising. It's just the sad obsession with celebrities.

As I said earlier, he didn't say much that hasn't been said lots of times before, but it was a good performance, said well. It's good that it's got people talking about the issue - that a lot of people don't vote because they find the whole political system so alienating - but let's get real and stop setting up Russell Brand as the new messiah.

where were you when Russell Brand discovered fire?
did you join with the crowds in Trafalgar Square and watch on the giant screen?

You actually watched it! :eek:
Well he's not in the first five minutes anyway. :D

Tbh the bit I watched was quite... watchable. That's what he's paid for I guess. I doubt the full hour+ contains anything of huge import and I'm not hugely compelled to find out, but if it swings impressionable minds away from free-market democratic ideology then I don't see the harm - as long as he stays away from the whole lizardjew thing and similarly perverted theories...

Back
Top Bottom