Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Papers, please - covid passport bollocks

After how badly they were hit at the start of all this, who can blame them?

In some ways the UK was hit just as bad, except a crucial difference was that ours was more spread out across the whole country, but in Italy the highest burden was concentrated in specific places, with huge ramifications for healthcare. Although part of the UKs healthcare burden was hidden by having lots of people simply die at home in that first horrible wave, and I still get angry thinking about that and how relatively little attention its received since.

I still have some mixed feelings about covid certification, mostly if it turns out to be counterproductive in some ways, but in other ways I really support it. Wales first minister managed to say something I can agree with:

"Nobody wants to interfere with people's liberties, other than to the extent necessary to prevent other restrictions on people's lives."

Those suffering from Covid-19 also had rights, he said, adding "part of their freedom is to live in a society where we take those reasonable measures to keep one another safe".

(quote is from Covid vaccine and test passes to be introduced in Wales )

The problem is of course that it wont be enforced, hardly anything is.
In Wales its still mandatory to wear masks in shops, most shops now seem to have about 50% mask wearers amongst the shoppers (god knows how so many became exempt so suddenly)
and most shops seem to have resorted to partial screens for till attendants with no masks and have staff also maskless walking around, nobody polices it in fact I havnt seen a police officer outside a car in months and only see a police car about once a week.

Passing legislation has become almost meaningless, the narrative on MSM is what controls behaviour and the majority cant be arsed to actually look at the figures (rising again in Wales from an already very high level)
That so many think its all over is just depressing. Some may say 'sheeple' is an overused term but there so many of fuckers walking amongst us that I disagree with that appraisal.

Anyone used one of those printed QR codes?

I just printed one for a friend and the stated expiry date on the page is the date of issue.

Been too three trade shows in the last month and got a wristband at each one after showing my jab card.

Anyone used one of those printed QR codes?

I just printed one for a friend and the stated expiry date on the page is the date of issue.

The passports are only valid for a certain period. So, if they downloaded it a while ago it may be that one is out of date and they need to go back into the system and get and updated one.

Maybe they downloaded it a while ago and saved it to pdf?

The passports are only valid for a certain period. So, if they downloaded it a while ago it may be that one is out of date and they need to go back into the system and get and updated one.

Maybe they downloaded it a while ago and saved it to pdf?
I set it up last week on the 22nd and the expiry date was on the 24th
So I just went and did another one and the expiry date is 48 hours after issue not 30 days as stated
e2a: at least the inconsistency in constant

This might be helpful for anyone without access to a printer who wants a printed copy of their covid vaccination status:

Put your details in - even if you don't have your NHS number to hand they can usually find you - and a printed copy is sent to you.

The advantage of it is that, unlike the other covid passes, it doesn't have an expiry date.

So I just went and did another one and the expiry date is 48 hours after issue not 30 days as stated

How bizarre.

Just knock one up in MS word instead, can't be that hard...

My GF was having the same issues (she needs the pass for work) which is how I found out about the postal letter option. The expiry date thing was something to do with applying for the pass again in too short a time frame.

My GF was having the same issues (she needs the pass for work) which is how I found out about the postal letter option. The expiry date thing was something to do with applying for the pass again in too short a time frame.
Am going to order a letter for future needs but my friend needed one for a gig tomorrow where the venue requires it.
The one I ordered last week for the first one to be ordered for her so not a re-order.
Ah well, large governement computer system glitches

Yawn. a million people are getting tested every day here!

See previous -"The Netherlands/Sweden/Norway is so different, we do things in a socially responsible way... bla bla bla smug smug smug" attitude.

What scientific logic and evidence is there to Denmark suddenly having no problems with Delta compared to US/UK/France/Spain/Portugal/Israel/Germany etc etc aside from this delusional snootiness? What mechanisms are there in place to stop increasing spread?

Just like I didnt see the logic in dropping restrictions in the UK when things were getting worse, I don't in Denmark either. Although sure the vaccination rate is very impressive.

No surprise that this subsequently happened:

Back
Top Bottom