Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh! You Tart.

8den

No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...
A new thread for tarts.

They don't need to be sweet or saucy tarts just tarts.

Hence

10443521_10152129004326266_5923020610045887876_n.jpg

My Asparagus, horseradish and parmesan tart. Little too crusty on the edge I blame a silicon pie dish rather than the traditional method.

I like all of those things, but have never tried them together. Does it work?
1st time I made it using the Guardian reciepe (100ml Creme Fresh, 100ml double cream, 4 yolks, 2 table spoons horseradish) and the horseradish was way too OTT. Also it didn't feel like it set right. I've reduced the HR to 2 teaspoons, and am going to let the dish cool and reheat it tomorrow for lunch. Will give you my opinion tomorrow.

Is that even possible? I await your report :)

I am totally with you (my fav sambo is roast beef, horseradish, gerkin and rocket) but good aspargus would be ruined by HR. The mix of the tart base is egg yolk, chives, creme fresh, double cream, and lots of salt and pepper with horseradish.

I like all of those things, but have never tried them together. Does it work?

1st mouthful was a disaster I assumed I put in way way too much black peppercorn, turns out I just found the mother load.

Overall a much better improvement on the 1st. Two tablespoons of horseradish was just too much, it's like eating a chuck of wasibi with your sushi. The rest of the mouthful is just irrelevantly it's just texture for the heat blast.

The aspargus was also a revelation, the 1st batch was done with some Lidl/Aldi asparagus and was like eating some green horseradish flavoured branches. This 2nd batch had a much better depth of flavour. Finally allowing the tart to cool and then eat improved the texture of the whole dish massively.

It was served with a rocket tomato basil and pine nut salad.

Now I seek my next tart.

Back
Top Bottom