Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh no what have I done! (Potential ceiling disaster)

I have plasterboard, I have some bonding, I have some multifinish plaster stuff but I'm working all weekend and I'm not sure I have the skills to do it myself.

Argh it's a small area and probably an ideal place to test out my Plastering ability but I've already made one disaster and I'm not sure I can face any more this month :D

I'd normally not advocate diy - but if the plasterers want to fuck off the ceiling rose, what choice do you have?

It's the ceiling, it doesn't have to look perfect, just be safe from causing head injuries. To that end, I'd have an amateur stab at plaster, stick up some paper, paint over and job's a goodun.

Haul it all off including ceiling rose and laths,plasterboard and skim.Make sure you cut clean lines at coving,new ceiling roses of all sorts of designs would be about £25 for that size.
Rough guess I'd say decades of front door slamming caused that.

Haul it all off including ceiling rose and laths,plasterboard and skim.Make sure you cut clean lines at coving,new ceiling roses of all sorts of designs would be about £25 for that size.
Rough guess I'd say decades of front door slamming caused that.
No new rose would be as good as the original.

As someone who narrowly avoided having their entire living room ceiling collapse due to old lath and plaster finally giving up I'd say get it done properly by a professional. You'll lose the rose, just get a new one.

wish I never read this, my ceiling is covered in cracks, just where the plasters old

my ceiling is painted, and thus far paint hasn't split along crack lines which it'd do if falling in was imminent or going to imo.

Back
Top Bottom