Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh ketchup...

I've not always been thin, I was obese as a child (14 stone at my largest). I woke up one day and I'd just had enough, so I decided to lose weight MY way. It came off sure enough but just created all sorts of mental cracks to appear. Now it's a battle of attrition, trying to keep my willpower up, not wanting to give in, ever, to anything. Christmas is THE worst time of year for that sort of thing but I always seem to get through. Diet and exercise have just become part of life, you learn to cope with being exhausted, you learn to stop caring about hurting people's feelings when you reject dinner invitations/party invites/refuse to eat their lovely baked food/have to give away gifts of food etc.

Being thin is never enough. Sometimes I want to smother myself in ketchup and eat myself, be done with it all.
BIB Will you be having cabbage with that? :D
BII Please don't!

I've not always been thin, I was obese as a child (14 stone at my largest). I woke up one day and I'd just had enough, so I decided to lose weight MY way. It came off sure enough but just created all sorts of mental cracks to appear. Now it's a battle of attrition, trying to keep my willpower up, not wanting to give in, ever, to anything. Christmas is THE worst time of year for that sort of thing but I always seem to get through. Diet and exercise have just become part of life, you learn to cope with being exhausted, you learn to stop caring about hurting people's feelings when you reject dinner invitations/party invites/refuse to eat their lovely baked food/have to give away gifts of food etc.

Being thin is never enough. Sometimes I want to smother myself in ketchup and eat myself, be done with it all.

that sounds incredibly difficult...and lonely :(
I really do hope you find a way out of "the battle"
because it is enough...in fact, it's nothing. It's not going to matter at the end of your life. what matters is the people you love and who love you, what you accomplished, who you experienced of the world, etc. not to sounds trite, but it's true.

I have a life long addiction to ketchup. There is nothing that cannot be improved by the liberal application of the glorious stuff.

People who put the ketchup bottle in the fridge are the lowest form of life, vile unspeakable heathens. Ketchup should be served at room temperature, like a fine red wine. And don't give me that crap about it going off - if it takes you that long to finish a bottle that it actually goes off, you don't deserve it in the first place. Amateurs.

that sounds incredibly difficult...and lonely :(
I really do hope you find a way out of "the battle"
because it is enough...in fact, it's nothing. It's not going to matter at the end of your life. what matters is the people you love and who love you, what you accomplished, who you experienced of the world, etc. not to sounds trite, but it's true.
It's not as bad as it sounds but I have little else to compare it to. It upsets my mother a great deal everytime she sees me getting the scales to weigh my food out, but it upsets me more everytime I see her light up a cigarette. I'm sure to some people it sounds like hell but I do find some crumbs of comfort in food. I've not wasted a speck of food in years, that's gotta give me extra brownie points when I'm walking through the pearly gates, right? Well...maybe the odd sliver of ketchup clinging to the edge of the plate ;):p

And ketchup in the fridge is wrong wrong wrong.

It's not as bad as it sounds but I have little else to compare it to. It upsets my mother a great deal everytime she sees me getting the scales to weigh my food out, but it upsets me more everytime I see her light up a cigarette. I'm sure to some people it sounds like hell but I do find some crumbs of comfort in food. I've not wasted a speck of food in years, that's gotta give me extra brownie points when I'm walking through the pearly gates, right? Well...maybe the odd sliver of ketchup clinging to the edge of the plate ;):p

And ketchup in the fridge is wrong wrong wrong.

I put my ketchup in the fridge :oops::oops::oops:
though I can understand why people wouldn't want to. It's better at room temperature, for sure. I just don't like how it separates, and that the bit at the top of the neck seem to taste funny if it's not refrigerated. maybe I'm just crazy though!

anyway, when I struggled with anorexia in my teens, it was like hell. It was like a prison that I'd made for myself. I think perhaps it's more disturbing at that age because everyone else your age is so fully engrossed in life, while you're sitting at home obsessing about calories afraid to give mental energy to anything else.Also your mind an emotions are still developing at that age and they now have to take a back seat to the obsession, not to mention being starved of calories is not good for brain development, or any other kind of development tbf.

I put my ketchup in the fridge :oops::oops::oops:
though I can understand why people wouldn't want to. It's better at room temperature, for sure. I just don't like how it separates, and that the bit at the top of the neck seem to taste funny if it's not refrigerated. maybe I'm just crazy though!

anyway, when I struggled with anorexia in my teens, it was like hell. It was like a prison that I'd made for myself. I think perhaps it's more disturbing at that age because everyone else your age is so fully engrossed in life, while you're sitting at home obsessing about calories afraid to give mental energy to anything else.Also your mind an emotions are still developing at that age and they now have to take a back seat to the obsession, not to mention being starved of calories is not good for brain development, or any other kind of development tbf.
You're meant to shake it prior to use, aren't you?

It probably doesn't help me that I'm alone 23 hours a day.

Back
Top Bottom