Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh dear... Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson sacked over Huawei leak.

Quite a few. Are you trying to argue that there shouldn't be any? Do you think that ALL government and security matters should be made completely public?

There is no official secrets act or similar in the US. They seem to cope...

Quite a few. Are you trying to argue that there shouldn't be any?
How was interfering on the miners strike for the benefit of most people in this country? How did undermining a democratically elected PM help us? What about murdering a human rights lawyer? Helping to start wars? Spycops? The aim of these people is not to protect UK citizens it's to protect the interests of capital and the state, and that means most of their actions are actually harmful to workers.

I accept there will probably always be some need for some type of security service but past evidence has overwhelmingly shown that by given these people secrecy they abuse it. And so they cannot be the ones to determine what should and should not remain secret that should be the job of others - preferably democratically elected delegates.

I accept there will probably always be some need for some type of security service ...
Well that pretty much negates everything else you've posted. I, in turn, accept that there have been substantial abuses of these laws, but the problem then becomes one of their application in which situations. There is obviously a need for secrecy in many processes so your blanket 'fuck the lot of them' is pretty sterile.

Not sure about this but will post it anyway.
D5gFNvvXoAIek3O
What kind of shit house swears on their kids lives, irrespective of whether they're telling the truth (and a doubt he is)?

I'm with redsquirrel on this though, fuck their secrets the more leaks the better.

Well that pretty much negates everything else you've posted.
No it doesn't. The "security services" I imagine would be as different as from the present set as delegates democratically elected by workers soviets would be from the current inhabitants of the HoC.

Penny Maudant gets Defence, (has an excellent reputation as a junior defence minister, and is an RN reservist), and is even more opposed to Huawei than Williamson.

Rory Stewart goes from Prisons minister to DFID, much more his scene.

Williamson is denying it big time - livid and incredibly bitter. Perhaps another 'dead sheep's moment is on the cards? Brexit has been shoved off for another 6 months, so removing May's safety net.

I think May has massively shot herself in the foot...

How many of these counter-terrorism endeavours actually benefit us, rather than serve to maintain the power of capital and the state.

These are the people who argued that because their illegal assistance in torture was found out they need to have extra secrecy protections so that in future such shit should not come to light.
Also collusion with loyalist murderers was counterterrorism. But that was probably bad counterterrorism so Spymaster probably didn't mean that. Quite cute really.

Quite a few. Are you trying to argue that there shouldn't be any? Do you think that ALL government and security matters should be made completely public?
But if they're keeping it secret how do we know whether it's the good kind or the bad kind?

Penny Maudant gets Defence, (has an excellent reputation as a junior defence minister, and is an RN reservist), and is even more opposed to Huawei than Williamson.
Shame she hasn't got a fucking clue about how the EU works & Turkey being able to join without UK agreement. Seems more like a lie than being thick as pigshit left in the sun during a six week drought.

But if they're keeping it secret how do we know whether it's the good kind or the bad kind?
Is this some kind of refutation that "the security services" have done any good at all then? Of course you're right, all they do is infiltrate working class political groups, fuck women undercover, and probably murder people whilst fitting-up angels. That's it!

Don't forget, all British soldiers kill brown babies too, maaaan.

Last edited:
I haven't read the whole thread, and I may get shot down for this, but I dont think Huawei (or Apple or Microsoft) should be given a contact like this by the UK.

If this Tory prick has exposed it he has done the right thing.

with Brexit the capitalist class is desperate to sign "free trade deals" with whoever it can, and this is just part of that process. The scum would sell the lot of us for a contract to export fucking Cornish pasties.

I haven't read the whole thread, and I may get shot down for this, but I dont think Huawei (or Apple or Microsoft) should be given a contact like this by the UK.

Who would you pick to supply the network gear then? There's not really a long list of suitable vendors, and none of them are UK companies. (and Apple and Microsoft are nowhere near this)

Is this some kind of refutation that "the security services" have done any good at all then? Of course you're right, all they do is infiltrate working class political groups, fuck women undercover, and probably murder people whilst fitting-up angels. That's it!

Don't forget, all British soldiers kill brown babies too, maaaan.
No, just that they don't seem to be that great at anything else. I'm not sure why for example this one needed to be a secret. Locations of troops in a war or that kind of thing fair enough but that's not what we're talking about.

If this Tory prick has exposed it he has done the right thing.

with Brexit the capitalist class is desperate to sign "free trade deals" with whoever it can, and this is just part of that process. The scum would sell the lot of us for a contract to export fucking Cornish pasties.

I'd tend to agree if we made 5g infrastructure in the UK...

Back
Top Bottom