Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nicola Sturgeon's time is up

Sure I must've mentioned this at some point before, but my fucking mental anti-vax housemate is a Fabian, he gets the Fabian Review delivered and everything. I have no idea why, since I can't see how Fabianism fits with the rest of his worldview (pro-Putin, thinks January 6th was a false flag to make Trump look bad, the lost city of Atlantis had super advanced technology, etc etc), I suppose it's just another one of those things that aren't super logically consistent.
So sounds like I've not missed out by not knowing any...

Not that fussed about the RV, after all, if SNP supporters wanted to subsidise what NS and her husband did in their recreational time that's down to them...Ferries though that's a different matter that's tax payers money spent first on iffy contracts and now on the MoD

Although back in the beginning, they did indeed attract spiritualists and eugenicists and crystal-wielding seance attendees.
Think about the poor spiritualists etc who found fabians among their ranks
Yes, for all their flaws*, they sound more interesting than the well-meaning liberal Labour Fabian types.

* Okay, admittedly pretty big flaws...

Not that fussed about the RV, after all, if SNP supporters wanted to subsidise what NS and her husband did in their recreational time that's down to them...Ferries though that's a different matter that's tax payers money spent first on iffy contracts and now on the MoD
It wasn't used for roaming the Highlands as a comfortable place to eat teacakes and sleep by the edge of loch Ness as best I can tell, it was bought by someone in the SNP as a mobile constituency office/safe meeting place during the pandemic so that SNP politicians (possibly more than just the FM, but again unclear) could campaign around Scotland.

It wasn't used for roaming the Highlands as a comfortable place to eat teacakes and sleep by the edge of loch Ness as best I can tell, it was bought by someone in the SNP as a mobile constituency office/safe meeting place during the pandemic so that SNP politicians (possibly more than just the FM, but again unclear) could campaign around Scotland.
According to people who raged that the finances were fine whilst their auditors were quietly distancing themselves from them.

That is the trouble with smaller / cheaper recreational vehicles ...barely room to put down a paper shredder

According to people who raged that the finances were fine whilst their auditors were quietly distancing themselves from them.

That is the trouble with smaller / cheaper recreational vehicles ...barely room to put down a paper shredder
If it was being used recreationally I doubt it would have been parked halfway across the country from where Nicola Sturgeon lives.

Even at £110,000, It's quite an Alan Partridge thing to fall apart over a campervan. :thumbs:
That's the brand new price. If it's in the accounts, and the only item in the motor vehicles item, it's value is just under £81k.

But yes, very Alan partridge.

This just up on the BBC website:

They need to get a wriggle on and hire not just auditor's but forensic auditors as a matter of urgency. They ideally should look to one of the Big 6 firms to avoid ( or at least minimise) credibility issues.

i'm thinking about putting a team and bid together

little-siamese-kitten-old-wooden-260nw-135475211.jpg

This just up on the BBC website:

They need to get a wriggle on and hire not just auditor's but forensic auditors as a matter of urgency. They ideally should look to one of the Big 6 firms to avoid ( or at least minimise) credibility issues.
I think the credibility issues are well fucked.

It’s a shit show and the SNP seems paralysed.

Surely f NS' elderly mother in law was safe guarding the SNP's RV in a professional capacity there will be an invoice?
I never said she was safeguarding it, professionally or otherwise.i pointed out how far away from the Sturgeon/Murrell residence it was being kept and thus unlikely used recreationally.

I don't know why it was parked up in Dunfermline.

That's the brand new price. If it's in the accounts, and the only item in the motor vehicles item, it's value is just under £81k.

But yes, very Alan partridge.
Have you seen the size of the thing? It's more Walter White than Alan Partridge.

Last edited:
The interesting thing is that somebody made this video two years ago. I know this was in the wake of the Salmond thing, but it would seem the wheels have been coming off for a long time.

Probably difficult to find reasonably priced parking for something that big close to SNP HQ. The Old Town isn't exactly designed for large vehicles.
Dunfermline isn’t far from Edinburgh, across the Forth Bridge. It’s a perfectly plausible place to keep a campaign van. Closer than Uddingston.

I don’t know what part the van plays in whatever case the cops are trying to build.

Probably difficult to find reasonably priced parking for something that big close to SNP HQ. The Old Town isn't exactly designed for large vehicles.
Suppose they couldn't park it on their own driveway cos of the large tent the police had put up there.

What is it with the Scots and camping? Have none of these people heard of bothies?

Back
Top Bottom