Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Netflix password sharing is ending today

mwgdrwg

Be a Pisces. Jam.
I just received "the e-mail" today.

When I first subscribed it was £5.99, today it will cost me £30.96 for myself, my offspring, and my parents.

Is pirate bay still going?

I’ve for years cast from my phone via streaming sites like putlocker from habit as I didn't have a laptop for some time. Is there a way to cast torrents from a laptop? I’m not even sure what torrent client to use it’s been so long!

Apologies if that’s a bit of a noddy question.

I barely watch it anyway. I'd happily fuck it off for a while. I'd say 80% of my viewing is YouTube these days. There's way more interesting and digestible content there.

I just received "the e-mail" today.

When I first subscribed it was £5.99, today it will cost me £30.96 for myself, my offspring, and my parents.

Is pirate bay still going?

Yes. And private torrent sites which are better.

We are going to cancel ours. £18 and don't use it loads. The big series I can easily torrent, kept it more for lazy stuff like finding a small documentary, but can probably use youtube for that.

I’ve for years cast from my phone via streaming sites like putlocker from habit as I didn't have a laptop for some time. Is there a way to cast torrents from a laptop? I’m not even sure what torrent client to use it’s been so long!

Apologies if that’s a bit of a noddy question.

You don't cast torrents as such but the video files? Do you have a Chromecast then?

Plex is well worth a look for anyone ditchijg it. It's a method of playing media on your TV or phone from another device. My smart TV has a plex app, before that I had it on a firestick.

Disney+ on the other hand, is still pretty ok with sharing. Been using a relative's for a while, and there's about 15 of us using it :thumbs::thumbs: (in various households/cities)

I haven't had an email from Netflix though... I guess they check IP location?

Plex is well worth a look for anyone ditchijg it. It's a method of playing media on your TV or phone from another device. My smart TV has a plex app, before that I had it on a firestick.

This. I've got a NAS box running a Plex server and can stream stuff wherever from that. I think you can do the same on a laptop/PC.

I think you can cast using VLC too?

There's a discount code for a lifetime Plex pass expiring Friday.

If you are going to get into downloading tv shows/movies here is Mick's Guide to doing it.

1. Sign up to a VPN these aren't free but the cost (around a couple of quid a month) is very reasonable. Supposedly free ones are a waste of time since a VPN by it's nature requires someone to pay for the hardware costs so free ones will either drive you up the wall with adverts or provide very limitied functionality.
Here is a list to get you started.

I personally use

Its pretty good and I would recommend it but I have heard good things about NordVPN as well.

You can use a VPN for all sorts of other stuff as well.
Don't have it connect by default though it can cause problems with things like email and other services that your ISP provides, only start it when you want it.

2. Install a downloader there are many but this one is EXCELLENT

When it asks you if you want to integrate it with the browser reply Yes it will save you trouble later.

You're ready to rock.

Connect to your VPN and choose a server outside the UK (UK ISP's are buggers for blocking shit) My faves are Ireland and Switzerland.

open your browser

Go to a torrent site. For tv shows/movies I use https://rarbgmirror.com/torrents.php

They're great for that but not much cop for most other things but there are other sites as well.

The Pirate Bay is quite difficult to get to directly you generally have to find a proxy and go via that. The current list of proxies is here piratebay/index.rst at main · pirate-proxy/piratebay but these things have a tendency to vanish occasionally so you will need to google 'pirate bay proxies' to find it again.

Enter what you are looking for in the search list and see what it returns.

Double click to start the download and qtBittorrent will download it for you.

With rarbgmirror especially I generally find I have to close one or two annoying popups for every file I download but this is more than livabe with.

Completed downloads should be copied out of your download folder so they don't remain visible on the internet.

Last edited:
If you are going to get into downloading tv shows/movies here is Mick's Guide to doing it.

1. Sign up to a VPN these aren't free but the cost (around a couple of quid a month) is very reasonable. Supposedly free ones are a waste of time since a VPN by it's nature requires someone to pay for the hardware costs so free ones will either drive you up the wall with adverts or provide very limitied functionality.
Here is a list to get you started.

I personally use

Its pretty good and I would recommend it but I have heard good things about NordVPN as well.

You can use a VPN for all sorts of other stuff as well.
Don't have it connect by default though it can cause problems with things like email and other services that your ISP provides, only start it when you want it.

2. Install a downloader there are many but this one is EXCELLENT

When it asks you if you want to integrate it with the browser reply Yes it will save you trouble later.

You're ready to rock.

Connect to your VPN and choose a server outside the UK (UK ISP's are buggers for blocking shit) My faves are Ireland and Switzerland.

open your browser

Go to a torrent site. For tv shows/movies I use https://rarbgmirror.com/torrents.php

They're great for that but not much cop for most other things but there are other sites as well.

The Pirate Bay is quite difficult to get to directly you generally have to find a proxy and go via that. The current list of proxies is here piratebay/index.rst at main · pirate-proxy/piratebay but these things have a tendency to vanish occasionally so you will need to google 'pirate bay proxies' to find it again.

Enter what you are looking for in the search list and see what it returns.

Double click to start the download and qtBittorrent will download it for you.

With rarbgmirror especially I generally find I have to close one or two annoying popups for every file I download but this is more than livabe with.

Completed downloads should be copied out of your download folder so they don't remain visible on the internet.

If you only need a VPN to browse with and aren't worried about your ISP seeing your traffic then a free one is fine. I use Windscribe browser extension. It's not super fast, but I have it in a different browser that I just to visit sites. The torrenting is done without a VPN.

Never had a problem getting to the Pirate Bay at thepiratebay.org over VPN, not needed to use one of those dodgy proxies.

What’s the advantage of torrents over streaming via a putlocker type site? Is it just knowing that you’ve got them available offline, and that they’re yours for ever?

The penny didn't really "drop" with me when I got "an" email from Netflix - seems it was also notification of something to do with which household or whatever. Got a text the next day or so from the person who we shared out account with, wanting to know what to do as they'd had a screen flash up on their TV and didn't want to fuck up our account.

Seems that we've been notified etc.

So, their account and associated devices were removed

And our Netflix plan has been dropped from £10.99 down to the £6.99 one just to see if the loss of quality if worth the saving - and then I'll probably start alternating between Netflix and Disney and maybe even give some of the other streaming services a go, The intention will be to reduce my spend with Netflix by a significant amount.

I've just checked my account and it would appear that we've been with them since November 2013 . . . congratulations Netflix, you managed to piss off a customer of coming up to 10 years . . . I know it's in your Ts & Cs and that your market dominance is slipping, but pissing off customers like this isn't going to win you any friends

The penny didn't really "drop" with me when I got "an" email from Netflix - seems it was also notification of something to do with which household or whatever. Got a text the next day or so from the person who we shared out account with, wanting to know what to do as they'd had a screen flash up on their TV and didn't want to fuck up our account.

Seems that we've been notified etc.

So, their account and associated devices were removed

And our Netflix plan has been dropped from £10.99 down to the £6.99 one just to see if the loss of quality if worth the saving - and then I'll probably start alternating between Netflix and Disney and maybe even give some of the other streaming services a go, The intention will be to reduce my spend with Netflix by a significant amount.

I've just checked my account and it would appear that we've been with them since November 2013 . . . congratulations Netflix, you managed to piss off a customer of coming up to 10 years . . . I know it's in your Ts & Cs and that your market dominance is slipping, but pissing off customers like this isn't going to win you any friends
Think I'll do the same, drop the quality, don't subscribe every month as there are weeks on end that pass where we don't look at Netflix, or just go in and keep flicking instead of watching summat

What do people find to watch on Netflix any more? I shut my account down a month ago and haven't missed it. There's much better stuff on Chanel Four, ITVX, even BBC iPlayer.

What do people find to watch on Netflix any more? I shut my account down a month ago and haven't missed it. There's much better stuff on Chanel Four, ITVX, even BBC iPlayer.

I sign up once a month every six months. Binge watch as much as I can then cancel before the end of the month. It's not good enough to warrant a permanent subscription.

Back
Top Bottom