Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How is there no ted lasso thread?

Don’t want to derail the thread for long, but on the subject of weekly instalments vs whole series dumping at once, I prefer the latter but respect those who prefer the former, which undoubtedly has its merits. But what pisses me off is that most platforms/ services drip-feeding episodes do so on Fridays and Wednesdays for the most part. Other than Succession on Mondays, there’s often no new episodes of any series shown on any platform on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays. The BBC at least covers Sundays from time to time.

There should be new episodes dropped on every day of the week by at least one network or streaming service, goddamn it :mad:
You can watch one every day of the week if you want if you’re streaming. Does anyone even watch live tv anymore?

You can watch one every day of the week if you want if you’re streaming. Does anyone even watch live tv anymore?
No which does make me question why I am paying for a TV license, tho does recording count for live performances?

Well George Dixon had already died in The Blue Lamp for a start

Indeed, which, I have pointed out before, means the decades of adventures played out on TV were his last imaginings as he bled out alone on a derelict warehouse floor.

binging shouldn’t be allowed IMO.
A disgraceful habit that streaming services encourage far too much.
Some shows need to be watched slowly so you can ponder every detail adequately, consider every idea properly. Some are good but, if you watch to many at once, become like bingeing chocolate and can come a bit much.

Ted was in the latter category, imo. Two episodes, three max belief it became too twee. Definitely no more than two by the end as its sweetness had been ramped up and then episodes were far too long. The first season was really good, simple, niceness. Then they indulged the minor characters and their wanky vanity projects - I did not give a shit about any restaurant or Keely's ridiculous PR company. They should have stuck with Ted, Beard & Hannah, they were the interesting and funny ones.

binging shouldn’t be allowed IMO.
A disgraceful habit that streaming services encourage far too much.
Do they really? Let's see an example or two. Saying 'all episodes available now' not to my mind encouraging binging, any more than pubs having beer in barrels encourages excessive drinking

Indeed, which, I have pointed out before, means the decades of adventures played out on TV were his last imaginings as he bled out alone on a derelict warehouse floor.
No finale when he gets to the afterlife and finds out it was all a dream?

They always move onto the next episode if you don’t stop
it's like a song on an album and i've never heard anyone say that musicians encourage you to listen to the next song too much. or the next chapter in a book and no one i've encountered has ever said that encourages reading too much. in any case, why shouldn't people watch tv shows as they wish?

it's like a song on an album and i've never heard anyone say that musicians encourage you to listen to the next song too much. or the next chapter in a book and no one i've encountered has ever said that encourages reading too much. in any case, why shouldn't people watch tv shows as they wish?
Cos I said so for shits and giggles and cos I hate bingeing. I don’t make such posts for your dissection and certainly not to please you, you humourless energy vampire

Cos I said so for shits and giggles and cos I hate bingeing. I don’t make such posts for your dissection and certainly not to please you, you humourless energy vampire
if you did make posts for dissection the points would stand up to the slightest examination. but, as you say, you don't. as it goes, i've quite a decent sense of humour. but you're so grumpy you'd never notice it

I watched all but the last episode of the 1st series while catsitting for apple owning bods. How can I watch apple tv on my tv if I am not an apple device owner?

if you did make posts for dissection the points would stand up to the slightest examination. but, as you say, you don't. as it goes, i've quite a decent sense of humour. but you're so grumpy you'd never notice it
They’re not up for your needless scrutiny - pick another molehill to die on, please. Nobody enjoys your pointless nitpicking

It’s a brilliant comedy show. Arguably its reception was greatly aided by the fact the first season came out during one of the most depressing and unprecedented conditions the entire world had seen in decades. But even though I’m massively sceptical on principle about feel-good comedies, this show managed against all my expectations to do it right.

Some episodes are better than others, but on the whole I loved it. I don’t think this season was terrible at all, though the overall story arc wasn’t always served. But I don’t think the second season was much better.

Overall a great light relief comedy show, with plenty of genuine laugh out moments and memorable characters.
Agreed. I absolutely loved the show, there were weaker episodes (I read two episodes were tacked on to season two after the writers had finished it, the Christmas one and the coach night on the town) and yeah season three started a little shaky but over all a brilliant show.

I’m so glad it’s possible to have joy in comedy and not just cynical edginess all the damn time.

Believe!

Last edited:
The new TV we've just got has a 3 month subscription of Apple TV included in the purchase price

I've seen a LOT of Ted Lasso clips on YouTube and I've wanted to watch it off the back of those clips

The show, for a complete non-ball (of any shape, size and colour) based game fan, like myself, hits more often than it misses - I quite like it, and a more glowing and gushing tribute you'd be hard pushed to get from me

Just finished the final episode and what a "nice" show it is

Not Detectorists level of nice but very easy watching nevertheless

Back
Top Bottom