Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Masterchef 2012

Haven't read the rest of the thread because I didn't get to watch it last night but my boss just came in and told me who won. :mad:

fucketty fuck. Fucking Radcliffe & Maconie. Successfully avoided hearing/seeing anything, until they blurt it out whilst interviewing Laura Marling. Cos when speaking to a top folkie dude, how well she can cook is clearly the most vital question. Buggers.

Oh well, I said I knew she'd win anyway I suppose

Just caught up with the final episode. Shelina a worthy winner obviously, her final three dishes looked amazing.

But am I right in thinking that in Andrew's intro piece they showed an arty-looking photo of the moment he proposed to his wife? Surely that means a) he had a mate with a camera hiding in the bushes as he popped the question, or b) they posed for it later, tears and all.

Very strange!

I assumed it was A

They blatantly just picked on something, anything, to criticise in Toms final meal, the rhubarb was probably perfectly cooked, but they needed something to distinguish him from their already decided winner. Tho there is certainly no denying that her food looked damned nice. I thinkI'd rather go to a restaurant run by Tom, and that's only partly because I'd demand a free glass of wine for every ten minutes each dish was late

All three finalists could produce flawless food and they'd say so (I remember one year where there was one critical comment between three of them). It's not all decided on the final challenge.

clearly. Shelina could have curled one out onto her plate and they'd still have said it tasted marvellous last night. As others have said, her consistency over the whole series, and especially the last week, was way ahead of the other two.

from popbitch:

The winner and two runners-up of
MasterChef 2012 celebrated the results
in the unlikely setting of Giraffe,
Soho. After dancing around, almost
knocking people over, one of them
passed out and they all left without
tipping. They might be able to cook,
but it seems like they still need to
learn how to behave in restaurants

from popbitch:

The winner and two runners-up of