Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Masterchef 2012

Jesus Christ! don't be on a diet and watch people cream their pants about a variety of yummy things.

Never, ever :facepalm:

I liked the way she said "there you go" when she plonked her desserts down.​
I hope Andrew wins, he keeps trying stuff.​

Shelina to win definitely, smart and gorgeous - alien Andrew's food is beautiful but a bit too strange, and Tom is so
far up himself and so sure he can do twice as much as everyone else, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Focused, yes, but likeable not at all.

aw i find tom really likeable. he's just having such a ball and yeah he keeps pushing himself too much, but so far it's worked for him. i like how he shrugs off mistakes and just keeps on enjoying himself. obvs he's gonna spoon the final though :D shelina ftw :cool:

Shelina it seems to me is the one who's progressed most. She started off making tasty but unrefined Mauritian food, and is now turning out beautiful dishes on a regular basis. I think Tom or Andrew will win though, because they're the most creative. I actually find Andrew quite sweet, but Tom is a bit annoying.

i loved what tom said about it like being at school but a school you actually want to be at. i guess i feel the same about college atm :)

Is the quality this year just atrocious or is it me having high expectations after Masterchef The Professionals?

Shelina to win by a country mile. Her food looks great, appears to taste great and she's been consistently good throughout. Andrew's food is definitely interesting but he makes too many minor errors I think. Tom is great but not in contention ime.

Shelina to win by a country mile.

Agreed - she got a really good edit tonight too in the little montage bit, while the other two had their mistakes highlighted. Also, Tom has something of the psychopathic about him and Andrew is too wet for words, while Shelina is plain lovely. (She looks just like my stepsister too /irrelevant)

two horse race: tom vs shelina. tom really shone last night i reckon, if he can get his timings sorted he has a good chance.

andrew screwed up big time: basically what tom kitchin was saying is he can cook *other people's food* (with help!) but his food is rubbish :D

Shelina has been the most consistent so far so deserves to win, unless she fucks up big time but I don't see it. I like Tom's inventiveness but he has timing issues and doesn't always plate up the best food. Andrew can pull it out of the bag now and again but is well behind the other two.

i've really enjoyed this series cos i can see parallels with them getting to play in grownups' kitchens and me getting to play with all the stuff at college. and the whole pointless tasks/getting critiqued and potentially kicked out thing too :hmm: mr b was saying he was proud of how i've been working lately and the whole lot sounded like john whatshisface :D in my next artists statement i shall be sure to include mention of my journey, how passionate i am and how we're all winners for getting this far :D

(i guess this is why i relate so much to tom: massively overambitious, never gets finished in time but refuses to do it any other way :D)

only just caught up with last nights....glad Tom did good, but it's Shelina's to lose. She has been too consistent, and always damned good, even though I think I'd rather eat Tom's food. As long as he actually finished it all in time.

And, as usual, am off out tonight, so will miss the last show until tomorrow night (after mrs b comes back from the pub!). The odds on me not seeing something on the news or in fridays Guardian......well, it hasnt happened yet....

Back
Top Bottom