Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

MasterChef 2023

Age and jobs. Funny the weight that we give to these things.

I thought the autistic woman whose handheld food was basically a curry got away with it a bit. Sure some people in the world do eat it with their hands but not sure it was really what the judges meant. You can eat anything with your hands in theory!
Thank you, I agree. Rice as well. I did know two chaps once who ate everything with the fingers of their right hand, I think,
But that's not what they were getting at.

Chariya is streets ahead of the others. Anarag was almost keeping up with her but she's left him chewing dust.

I managed to catch up and finish with no spoilers. 🥳

I've really enjoyed this series. MasterChef had become background viewing but this lot roped me back in. Very happy with the winner but wouldn't have begrudged any of them.

It was nice that the final 3 seemed genuinely kind to each other and pleased for the winner.
Yes, all three were genuinely likeable.

Often not the case - although it can be good fun to shout at the TV when the token wanker gets fulsome praise. (Or maybe me and my OH are just rabid, raving misanthropists).

I did think Chariya was the fairly obvious winner so it was a bit lacking in suspense.

Reactions: ash
Well it's over now so I don't think there's any reason to worry about spoilers. They were all pretty bad tbf. I hate seafood so wouldn't have even been able to eat Jay's. But what do I know.

William having a tearful mini breakdown was kind of funny, sorry. Can't believe they left that in.

I also laughed at all the crying. It made sense with Leyla and I guess slightly with Grace Dent but Sitwell just seemed a bit ridiculous. They were obviously being a bit soft on them but fair enough it made for a “feel good” show - only Jimi seemed to be slightly all over the place!

It's quite amusing that they're so fragile... I mean Grace Dent was an absolute basket case on I'm a celeb and wasn't much better here. As for Sitwelll, he must be fully regretting to agreeing to this. Every top chef in the country would have been giggling at that meltdown.

Not sure I agree with you on that last point Petcha old bean, commercial cookery is a high pressure business and I bet almost all cheffytypes have had the occasional snotty snivel. T'wouldn't surprise me if good critics tended to be sensitive types either.

Not sure I agree with you on that last point Petcha old bean, commercial cookery is a high pressure business and I bet almost all cheffytypes have had the occasional snotty snivel. T'wouldn't surprise me if good critics tended to be sensitive types either.

Well I mean if you've been on the end of an awful bitchy review from someone like William Ronald Sacheverell Sitwell DL there must have been some schadenfreude going on around the country watching him weeping over a chicken kiev. He's not gonna live that down I don't think in the foodie community

Well I mean if you've been on the end of an awful bitchy review from someone like William Ronald Sacheverell Sitwell DL there must have been some schadenfreude going on around the country watching him weeping over a chicken kiev. He's not gonna live that down I don't think in the foodie community
He was simply trying to show he was human with a softer side.
Regardless, it made a refreshing change to see the critics put under pressure and to see what they would turn out.
Even though I can't eat fish, I liked jay's cooking because it was good hearty simplish food made a little more luxurious.

I was wondering why Gregg Wallace was trending on Twitter. Here's why... it's not a parody. He actually wrote this :D

GFm73GnWEAE2bVH

Some of the comments are quite good

Last edited:
He sounds like a total sociopath. Putting in print he regrets having his autistic son and spends more time playing video games than with him on a Saturday :D

Back
Top Bottom