Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be a cunt but I'm not anything like the scale Burley is on.
Rat-Removal.jpg

kay burley recently

I remember the away Galatasaray euro games in the 90s :(

Welcome to Hell and all that. Wasn't an English fan stabbed to death as well?

A saudi prince smuggling drugs from lebanon to saudi. With a NY post hyperbolic headline connecting it with ISIS with no justification whatsoever. Have i missed something?

Yes, the majority of the drugs found were Captagon, a drug reportedly widely used by IS fighters.

Captagon is now produced mainly in Syria by IS for their own use and sale to fund arms, which fits the self funding stance.

Yes, the majority of the drugs found were Captagon, a drug reportedly widely used by IS fighters.

Captagon is now produced mainly in Syria by IS for their own use and sale to fund arms, which fits the self funding stance.
Captagon is used by pretty much all factions and recreationally - it's all over Syria and the wider region. But there's nothing there to connect this idiot with ISIS - they produce this stuff all over lebanon as well - though increased production in syria does seem to have hit their market. ISIS consumes this stuff rather than exporting it.

What with, our so called Western democracy?

Well, that's where the problem lies, isn't it? Nation-(re)building goes hand-in-hand with creating structures that are amenable to the builder's needs, rather than the recipient's. As far as western politicians are concerned, all "aid" comes with strings - strings that inevitably cost the recipient dearly.

I fully accept your points.

IS are murdering raping scum, certainly, but they are still human beings. Unfortunately, they are not reasonable human beings.

They think much the same of us. "Reasonable" is somewhat of a moveable feast.

Do you really see a diplomatic way out of this? Partial capitulation may help, allow IS to hold the territory that they now hold, with a meaningful threat that their will be boots on the ground should they try and enlarge it. There would also need to be agreement to let those people leave their territory that wished to.

Partial capitulation, besides condemning the ordinary people of that zone to governance by arbitrary tyranny, would solve nothing, because "meaningful threat" of military action or not, the very core of ISIS's ideology is expansionist.

If I thought for a moment that the above would work, I would reluctantly endorse it, however, I don't think that that, or any variant thereof, would work.

IS is not going to lay down its arms other than by being confronted with overwhelming force.

Edited to add:

Iran seems to be coming out of the cold at the moment, albeit slowly.

The soldiers of ISIS mostly won't lay down their arms when confronted with overwhelming force. Not just because they're zealots, but because they know that surrender is the start of a road that leads to lifetime incarceration or execution. Better to die free and killing the Kuf'r than rotting in a prison or dying with your hands bound behind your back.

Turkish CNN faking up/running a story about ISIS volunteers heading to heart of europe with refugees - illustrate story by saying they had this map/instructions:

CUFgum5VAAAmZuU.png:large

In reality that's actually something from an article written a few days after Aylan Kurdi died - it was drawn for a journalist by a refugee showing them the route they had taken. I cannot find the story now though - does anyone else remember it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom