Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's bollocks, it's saying the opposite. Ill educated clerics not doing justice and not providing ISIS jobs for ISIS people?
"And in the meantime, the jihadists' strategists count their victories."
He goes on to explain how IS wants to generate discomfort among muslims in western societies to increase volunteers, and that this is happening in places like the UK where anti muslim sentiment is on the rise.

And the argument is the bit in black and it's piss poor.
I think the conclusion which I quoted has some grounds actually, IS wants to draw westerners in because this will increase their support, assuming they survive which is likely and then western forces will be back in the situation they faced when occupying Iraq, i.e. a no win situation.

He goes on to explain how IS wants to generate discomfort among muslims in western societies to increase volunteers, and that this is happening in places like the UK where anti muslim sentiment is on the rise.
So how is that anything to do with how they will fail?

I think the conclusion which I quoted has some grounds actually, IS wants to draw westerners in because this will increase their support, assuming they survive which is likely and then western forces will be back in the situation they faced when occupying Iraq, i.e. a no win situation.
I know this is a big thread, but you would do well to read the excellent analysis contained within, as well as many of the links provided. You may then understand why BA might be miffed at contributions that don't provide any analysis or opinions. Sometimes it's best to just read and say nowt til you get a better grip.

So how is that anything to do with how they will fail?
As I recall the argument to IS failure is primarily because their atrocities are repelling more than they are attracting. That and their inability to administer their caliphate effectively.

I know this is a big thread, but you would do well to read the excellent analysis contained within, as well as many of the links provided. You may then understand why BA might be miffed at contributions that don't provide any analysis or opinions. Sometimes it's best to just read and say nowt til you get a better grip.
Thanks for your advice OU, I actually am reading a lot more than commenting, but I object to the notion that this thread belongs to a particular poster, because it does not.

As I recall the argument to IS failure is primarily because their atrocities are repelling more than they are attracting. That and their inability to administer their caliphate effectively.

"But right now, the victories just keep coming at an astonishing rate. Before 9/11, advocates of jihadist violence were little-known, irrelevant figures: misfits on the margin, rejected by their own societies and ignored by the West. How different it looks today.
The Americans have been humbled in Iraq and Afghanistan. The caliphate has been established. Al-Shabab in Somalia and Boko Haram in Nigeria have attracted tens of thousands of fighters. And all the while, the West looks on, transfixed, unsure what is coming next."

I'm sorry for being rude weltweit but you do my head in with your nothing and repition of what has already been discussed. Don't turn up after work without bothering to read what's happened ans posted since you got up. Sometimes, just read the thread.

fucking hell seems I was wrong about Hannover, police telling people to get to safety and not to stay out in groups. shit.

I'm sorry for being rude weltweit but you do my head in with your nothing and repition of what has already been discussed. Don't turn up after work without bothering to read what's happened ans posted since you got up. Sometimes, just read the thread.
It might be better if you just put me on ignore!!

Just listened to Wembley - full house singing "La Marseillaise" !

(hope that the security has a quiet night after all their efforts today)

Death threats sent to manager after post about Paris attacks goes viral

A restaurant manager who received worldwide attention after a post he wrote on Facebook in the aftermath of the Paris attacks went viral says he has received death threats.

Leigh Matthews, 30, was on his way to work on Saturday when he penned the post pleading with the public not to victimise all Muslims for the actions of a tiny minority of violent extremists.

It has been shared more than 54,000 times and received attention from around the world, but while much of the response has been positive Leigh has also received threats to him and his family.

The local landed minister of justice and the chief of police seem to be contradicting each other over whether or not explosives have been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom