Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
they've talked about attacking Rome for a long time by now but my suspicion is they still don't have enough manpower in Italy to pull it off. evenutally, maybe. hopefully never.

What I find nuts is that the perps of the stade de France bombing managed to slip past the security measures in place to protect Hollande who was at a match in the stadium! Either the French security are really shit, or this was an extremely well planned attack.

What I find nuts is that the perps of the stade de France bombing managed to slip past the security measures in place to protect Hollande who was at a match in the stadium! Either the French security are really shit, or this was an extremely well planned attack.
Not yet clear that the 'explosions' were actually in the stadium or just outside?

Report: 35 dead and 100 taken hostage at Eagles of Death Metal gig in Paris | NME.COM
Thirty five people have reportedly been killed at an Eagles of Death Metal gig in Paris as part of a wave of violent attacks on the French city this evening (November 13).

The band, fronted by Jesse Hughes, were performing at La Bataclan as part of a European tour. Associated Press reports that there have been 35 killed and a further 100 taken hostage at the venue. The concert hall is now the scene of a hostage situation.
CNN reports that witnesses inside the venue say there are between six to eight attackers.

Horrific. Fucking horrific:
At the Bataclan, a popular and renowned concert venue, there hasn’t been any movement outside the building as of 11:45pm local time. Julian Peace, a Europe 1 journalist, who was inside when the attack happened, says two to three people, not wearing face masks, opened fire on the crowd with kalashnivoks. He says it lasted 10 to 15 minutes - so long that the assailants had the time to reload their weapons two or three times. The journalist was wounded.
State of emergency declared across France after Paris gun and bomb attacks – live

I thought the State de France bombers didn't manage to get in?

Some reports are saying suicide attack at that venue, and the bombing near, not in, the stadium. You can't secure against that, realistically. That's the sad truth, same with the bombings in London.

BBC very coyly suggesting horrific stuff on social media regarding the concert hall.

Some 'security expert' on 5 Live saying this should be a 'gamechanger' for Europe. As bad as the ever-present possiblity of a terrorist attack is, living under a permanent semi-state of emergency would be surely far worse.
Yeah, lots of kneejerking everywhere. On Al-Jazeera too. Fuck the fuck off, twats. Are you helping right now?

Some 'security expert' on 5 Live saying this should be a 'gamechanger' for Europe. As bad as the ever-present possiblity of a terrorist attack is, living under a permanent semi-state of emergency would be surely far worse.

TBF thanks to the economic issues around the PIGS countries, the migrant crisis, unemployment, global competition and attacks like this the EU is probably going to be radically different in the next three or four years. It will have to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom