Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A journo mate eh? FFS! You got a hard on writing that didn't you, admt it? You give no shits whether it is true or not. This thread is about you if you try hard enough isn't it?

That's unnecessarily unpleasant. If Diamond feels that his mate's professional expertise is relevant, up to him.

Have you seen all the threads on Syria. You're new to this ain't you you wanker?

Yep, seen them. 6 pages in 60 minutes I haven't seen though... What's the difference with this incident? Could it be the ongoing nature of it rather than just a suicide bombing?

Fuck off, you complete idiot. You want to make this a thread about how fucking outraged you are about me!

Get to fuck, you egotistical twat.

No...you FUCK OFF you self important idiot! One foot in front of the other and stick your gentrified Haggerston-canal-side balcony and your tall stories. No one is convinced nor impressed.

Yep, seen them. 6 pages in 60 minutes I haven't seen though... What's the difference with this incident? Could it be the ongoing nature of it rather than just a suicide bombing?
You're not very good at explaining or expressing yourself are you?

On second thoughts, not having TV tonight is a blessing. See when the Charlie Hebdo massacre happened? SKY News showed the clip of the wounded copper begging for his life before being murdered. That stayed with me for ages, his poor sodding family seeing that.

:mad::(

So with this fresh attack....I dunno, I'd rather read news here, read the papers without seeing the more full on bits.

Paris is lovely, of that there's no doubt. I'm just hoping that the people directly affected tonight and the city as a whole gets through this OK, or at least as much as can be expected.

I think the Daily Mail needs its comment trolls back on the basis of repeating one point time and time again

2000 folk at the concert apparently - sold out.

Surprised that there are not more being held.

(shall I caveat that by saying that a journo friend told me that... or would that piss Rutita1 off too much...?)

I find it comforting that the BBC are slower. I remember the 7 July bombings in 2005. I cycled to work in the city of London but almost all of my colleagues came by tube and very few arrived - only those who came to work early and I made it in. As I was the only native English speaker there I was reporting to my colleagues from what I could find on the internet. What was coming up through social media and the eventual outcome were very different. Although they weren't the first to report everything, the BBC was more accurate in the end. I hope that many of these reports are also erroneous.

Grim on so many levels :(

It is - though if this was just random attacks on civilians then that usually is the sign of a terror group approaching the end of its life cycle. People can argue that shooting cartoonists, or killing cops and soldiers, or even by shooting perceived members of another religious minority that you can blame for the actions of some other country, might be in some way "fighting" for a cause - but shooting random unarmed folk (some of whom will probably be of the same faith) on a night out never is, for anyone.

Watching Sky News, which is usually the most sensationalist at these tims, and it's still not touching the one by one executions. Then again, there are a thousand families who know their kids are at the gig. Guess they need to be as careful as possible with the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom