Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail focuses on the important parts of this story. :facepalm:
CUNaopLWwAElDDl.jpg
They missed "blonde".

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, my learned friend Diamond has drawn the court's attention to the recording of Hasna's exchange with police officers, which we have all heard. In particular he has asked you to focus your attention on 'what it sounds like' suggesting that Hasna must have been on a cocktail of drugs at the time the recording was made.
Having listened to the recording, I think we can all agree that she sounds like she is in an emotionally charged state. However, I put it to you that this might be expected of a woman - or indeed any person - wearing a suicide vest, during a firefight with the Gendarmerie in which 5,000 rounds of ammunition were being fired.

Oh please fuck off. Bit unnecessary trying to score cheap points on this thread...

A reflection on you, not me.

It's not just who moves the stuff, it's where it goes. Ten million people live in those areas, and it's all generators since the infrastructure is ruined. So cut them off and leave them in the dark, and you've got more humanitarian disaster, more refugees, more potential IS converts and you do damage to indirect allies or would-be allies.

Isis Inc: how oil fuels the jihadi terrorists - FT.com

Some insane stuff in that article though. An ISIS HR department, FFS!
They pay their fighters, so will have to have part of the organisation that acts like HR.

Speaking of which, is this wishful thinking, or are IS losing fighters after having to cut their pay levels due to financial problems?

Hundreds of Isis killers give up terrorism after chiefs cut pay by £200 a month

That looks like Corbyn could have a point about the best way to target ISIS.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, my learned friend Diamond has drawn the court's attention to the recording of Hasna's exchange with police officers, which we have all heard. In particular he has asked you to focus your attention on 'what it sounds like' suggesting that Hasna must have been on a cocktail of drugs at the time the recording was made.
Having listened to the recording, I think we can all agree that she sounds like she is in an emotionally charged state. However, I put it to you that this might be expected of a woman - or indeed any person - wearing a suicide vest, during a firefight with the Gendarmerie in which 5,000 rounds of ammunition were being fired.

Oh please fuck off. Bit unnecessary trying to score cheap points on this thread...

A reflection on you, not me.

Can't be arsed to find the exact article but this was on the third page of one of the major newspapers in the `UK - have we got so used to living our lives online that it's all about the fucking dog?

I think it is well recorded that on the Eastern front during WW2, amphetamines were a big deal amongst the Wehrmacht and the SS.

Something to take note of, I think.

Which in particular?

The drugs speculation was silly. Consider the possibility by all means, but to be so confident and to suggest that she 'must have been on a cocktail of drugs' and then to start guessing which kind of combinations is open to obvious ridicule.

Come on, drugs are an obvious way to end up in a range of states, but there are other ways to end up in very many of those states.

The drugs speculation was silly. Consider the possibility by all means, but to be so confident and to suggest that she 'must have been on a cocktail of drugs' and then to start guessing which kind of combinations is open to obvious ridicule.

Come on, drugs are an obvious way to end up in a range of states, but there are other ways to end up in very many of those states.

Why is it silly?

If you have ever done some very strong amphetamines, you would know that you are inclined to do things that you would otherwise certainly retreat from...

You never see the person butchers

You have fascinating stuff to post, which I really value but you never put the person in the picture, it is always about structures

And Hunter S Thompson followed the Angels, was no stranger to a wide array of drugs, and popularised the idea of gonzo journalism. Gonzo was also the name of a muppet who was well acquainted with explosives and self inflicted injuries.

I hope the peoples of France and the world can take comfort from this analysis in these trying times.

As an ancillary point - it would be fascinating to read a comparison and contrast between the SS and ISIS on an operational basis, just in terms of development and leadership and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom