Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

I lost pre season friendlies to huddersfield and french division 2 no hopers so changed the formation to 4-1-2-1-2 and tinkered with tactics. I might as well start househunting now. I sacked Fletcher as well cos his stats are shit and brought in an Italian bloke instead.

manu 2020.jpg

CL won as well. I signed Brozovic in the january 21 window. When do I start.

"he has never regretted slamming his studs into the knee of the Manchester City player."

Slamming your studs into someone's knee isn't just trying to hurt them. Of course he's saying he didn't want to damage them. Don't get your knickers in a twist just because your favoured player clearly didn't care whether he damaged someone or not.
Yep, he 100% admitted to it in his book - and then went with 'oh, my ghost writer misinterpreted what I said' when he came under a legal threat. Or words to that effect, I can't be bothered digging it all out.

Just reading that again...

... it's one of the worst defences imaginable - 'I meant to hurt him so there was intention, but when I do a studs to knee challenge I can do it to so it only hurts, doesn't injure'. Absurd logic, though it was just about the only thing he could say having previously said he meant to get him.

Want a feted old boy and hero as manager, one with a little form? I'm sure Rooney could be tempted ( bought) away from Derby.

Yep, he 100% admitted to it in his book - and then went with 'oh, my ghost writer misinterpreted what I said' when he came under a legal threat. Or words to that effect, I can't be bothered digging it all out.
The ghost writer was Dunphy who is not entirely trustworthy.

The ghost writer was Dunphy who is not entirely trustworthy.
There's a quote from Dunphy about 'artistic licence' in the piece below, though - afaik - he only came out with that after the threat of legal action. Presumably Keane saw the text before publication? Also, Keane is still pretty much admitting the offence elsewhere in the piece:
Keane replied: 'No. Even in the dressing room afterwards. I had no remorse. My attitude was, f**k him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye.'

Asked if he would do the same thing again now, Keane paused before replying: 'Probably. Yeah.'

There's a quote from Dunphy about 'artistic licence' in the piece below, though - afaik - he only came out with that after the threat of legal action. Presumably Keane saw the text before publication? Also, Keane is still pretty much admitting the offence elsewhere in the piece:

I don't care either way tbh. Keane is great. Goikoetxea he was not.

You are in the very fortunate position of earning a very generous living from something you love doing until someone comes along and tries to deprive you of that. How would you feel? Just how low can you go. Fuck Keane.

Find myself in the remarkable position of trying to put some balance on Man Utd players on this thread . Keane may have been one of the first to admit to the published press about his intent and the delivery of that intent but he certainly wasn’t the first and won’t be the last to seek revenge or retribution on the football pitch .

Find myself in the remarkable position of trying to put some balance on Man Utd players on this thread . Keane may have been one of the first to admit to the published press about his intent and the delivery of that intent but he certainly wasn’t the first and won’t be the last to seek revenge or retribution on the football pitch .
Maybe not. His incident was particularly nasty and he really meant it as shown by the total lack of remorse.

In the space of 10 minutes I've seen a piece saying, in the past, Rangnick said Luke Shaw wasn't of the quality to be a United player and then Luke Shaw saying Pochetino made him feel special when he was at Southampton. Right, so he's just got to hide for 6 months...

Never heard from him... But why interim if he's good enough?
Clearly, the clubs targets aren't available at the moment , his deal is till the end of season then two years consultancy. His teams are normally fun to watch always looking to play the ball forward. Doesn't stay long at a club though.

never gonna happen, he wants to and will lead the Italian national team into qatar 2022 (well... provided they qualify, lol)

Back
Top Bottom