Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

TBF them leeches signing Ronaldo probably killed that side off more than a strike
I'm 100% certain Ole would still be manager if they hadn't signed Ronaldo. Hovering around 4th/5th position maybe, but we'd be talking about the Mason Greenwood/Cavani partnership and integrating the new signings. In the mad, mad, world of 'elite' football, united were bounced into buying ronaldo, but there was no way it was going to add to producing a creative, focused team for the future.

I'm 100% certain Ole would still be manager if they hadn't signed Ronaldo. Hovering around 4th/5th position maybe, but we'd be talking about the Mason Greenwood/Cavani partnership and integrating the new signings. In the mad, mad, world of 'elite' football, united were bounced into buying ronaldo, but there was no way it was going to add to producing a creative, focused team for the future.
Not to mention the fact Ronaldo was instrumental in finally getting rid, telling his agent something needed to happen, who in turn went to United hierarchy.

Newcastle have only won four League titles, six FA Cups, one FA Charity Shield, the 1969 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and the 2006 UEFA Intertoto Cup, making them the ninth highest total of trophies won by an English club.

So, yeah, fuck-all, really.

In all honesty, I'll just be happy for The Toon to stay up this season. At least their fanbase is (mostly) local.

P.S. I understand that great tactician Steve Bruce is available. 🤣

259267205_131586759251603_1946778128158563037_n.jpg

Newcastle have only won four League titles, six FA Cups, one FA Charity Shield, the 1969 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and the 2006 UEFA Intertoto Cup, making them the ninth highest total of trophies won by an English club.

In all honesty, I'll just be happy for The Toon to stay up this season. At least their fanbase is (mostly) local.

Were any of them in colour? But as I said, 9th = middling.

Think how much better off they would have been if they had given Moyes the time & money to spend on players & to build his team rather than spunk it on paying off all the managers they have had to.

Must be well pissed off to see what he is doing at West Ham on a limited budget. :D

Carrick's going to go on a bit of a run and leave the board with "a difficult decision", isn't he? :D

"Well, Zizou, we really are keen for you to be the next recipient of our poisoned but lucrative chalice, but unfortunately Michael here has got us into the Europa League places and we're in the semis of the FA Cup, so... our hands are rather tied, I'm afraid"

Manchester United have approached Zinedine Zidane about becoming their manager but, according to sources close to the former Real Madrid boss, he is not interested in going to Old Trafford at this point.

United's board need to work out when City are trolling them on transfers. City were allegedly interested in Sanchez, Fred, Maguire and Ronaldo. and United jumped in to stop them.

I reckon Man Utd will offer the job to boatloads of people (Zidane, Poch etc) who will all turn them down. So they'll revert to type and appoint an ex player, someone who's maybe a hero for scoring a champions league winning goal. #olebackin

I reckon Man Utd will offer the job to boatloads of people (Zidane, Poch etc) who will all turn them down. So they'll revert to type and appoint an ex player, someone who's maybe a hero for scoring a champions league winning goal. #olebackin
I think they'll get one of their targets in the end, but yes, they look to be in panic mode at the moment. I know the papers are always full of 'they are in talks with x' stories in this kind of situation, but they seem to have gone into overdrive in the last 24 hours. It's pretty much as if Gerald Ratner is running things.

Don't forget those prestigious Texaco and Anglo - Italian Cup wins!

Back
Top Bottom