Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set to leave the club after Saturday's 4-1 defeat by Watford.

There has been no official confirmation but it is understood all the club's senior figures, including owners the Glazers, have discussed his future.

It was decided the Watford loss would be Solskjaer's last game in charge and the terms for his exit would be agreed.

Technical director Darren Fletcher is set to take over for Tuesday's Champions League trip to Villarreal.

Gonna miss him :(

The Manchester Evening News ( fondly referred to locally as The Manchester United Evening News) has already run a simulation on Football Manager 2002 with Zidane taking over.

I got FM21 last year but only played 2 hours as it went from being too easy to having too many options - 'throw chair at wall' etc. I'm gonna give it a go and throw my hat in the ring if it goes well.

Shame but had to happen now. The real problem is the leeches in charge of the club, who care only about the money they can suck out of the club. Another disgusting takeover that should never have been allowed but ship has sailed for football of course.
Amazing, now, to think United came 3rd in his first season and 2nd last year. Same number of points as Liverpool in 2021. But the overpaid social media stars aka players have given up and thrown him under the bus. Hey ho, he'll get a load of money out of the Glazers at least.

TBF them leeches signing Ronaldo probably killed that side off more than a strike

alan-partridge.jpg

I have someone on the line who fears he may be a shit manager . He wishes to remain anonymous...I'm talking to Ole in Manchester .

Oh he's gone

Manchester United are on a current run of 14 consecutive home matches without a clean sheet; only once in their history having a longer run without a clean sheet at home, between April 1958 and March 1959 (21).

Is his mistake not being tactically aware, or being human and not an abusive bullying fucker like Ferguson was?
I think there is a clue in this article written only a year ago

A compliant 'club legend', after the Van Gaal/Mourinho headaches, whom the board ( especially Woodward) could handle the transfers for knowing he'd not raise any objections. No tactical acumen, nice guy who would put his arm around the players but who had little or no personal authority and who for parts in his career as manager at Man Utd produced some runs of acceptable performance both in the league and in cups. The board have a strategy of maximising profit especially the commercial side in order for the owners to take money out of the club , they market the club as a Man Utd tribute act and spin the 'Man Utd tradition ' to the max. The transfer policy is based on crowd pleasing , no discernable long term strategy, no player development or coherent youth strategy. Spend big spend loud and hope for the best.

In some ways he was the right man in the right place at the right time purely because of his deficiencies as a coach at such a rich club . On the other hand given that under his tenure that Man Utd spent more than any other manager in the league with no trophies, a dressing room with a tradition that will hang managers out to dry with leaks to the press and infighting. , and the 'cold war' between the pundits of the class of 82 and the pundits that are ultra loyal to the club, it wasn't a question of if but more of when.

20211121_064157-jpg.297608
:rolleyes:COYS

There's a shock!
Things were not looking as bad as this before Ronaldo returned? 😂
"He secured a second-place finish in the Premier League last season, which is as high as United have managed since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013. After 19 games, they were top, a position they have not enjoyed at such an advanced stage of the season since Ferguson left. "

There's a shock!

"He secured a second-place finish in the Premier League last season, which is as high as United have managed since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013. After 19 games, they were top, a position they have not enjoyed at such an advanced stage of the season since Ferguson left. "
Theres a conversation to be had here about the role played in any of this by a manager. From what I can see the players are playing shit.

I have never been keen on Ronaldo and one way or another I cannot help feeling one way or another he had something to do with this. Was there some sort of old rivalry between them as players?

Ole's not at the wheel, he lost his license after crashing into the Ranieri pizza delivery bike. The defence of 'that bike shouldnt have been there since they didnt keep a clean sheet' was not enough.

Ole's not at the wheel, he lost his license after crashing into the Ranieri pizza delivery bike. The defence of 'that bike shouldnt have been there since they didnt keep a clean sheet' was not enough.
Synchronicity moment: I was just listening to the Stone Roses Waterfall the very moment I read that. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom