Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

What whose remarks?

All of those except casemiro are confirmed departures and with Saudi after him and a wage decrease here I can see it happening. Hasn't got that many years left and is a big name, few ex Madrid players there already and more apparently to follow.
Ten Hags remarks . He will be undergoing an assessment, an appraisal after the season ends which will obviously involve an opportunity for him to contribute to verbally.

I'm not doubting that the club will try and shift the deadwood or that the Saudi's won't buy name players past their best.

I suppose they are better off than a year ago from the Glazer's perspective: some daft bastard gave them £130000000 and offered to act as a human shield for the ongoing shit performances. Which was nice.

Hmm last season we finished 3rd and won the carling cup. This season 8th and likely no trophy to be honest. So… I disagree Erik.

Yeh but football news is 99% bullshit transfer nonsense.
Suspect they may well sack him, in the sense that they are having this root and branch review and, if you do that, getting the worst result in the Prem era should get you the sack. Might well have kept his job if it wasn't for the Radcliffe appointment. Real people who should be sacked are the fucking Glazers.

Assuming it's true, I have no real problem with sacking him, though the manager is not really where the problems lie. However, deciding to sack him just before a cup final is mad, precisely because it could leak out.... and has. And they've done it before. :facepalm:

Congrats United, and also sacking ten Hag would be a cunt move after this. Then again, winning a cup didn't save van Gaal either.

Congrats United, and also sacking ten Hag would be a cunt move after this. Then again, winning a cup didn't save van Gaal either.
But what if they had sacked him before…

I’m torn. They should really give him more time but the league position, some of the terrible results, bad signings and some slightly strange selections make it hard to care too much for him to be honest.

Before shitcanning the manager, they should FIX THAT FUCKING ROOF. Seriously, one of the richest clubs in the country should not have a waterfall coming out of their stadium. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Not a particular criticism of Manchester United , more an example of how clubs are run

The Telegraph have an interesting article on Man Utd's decision to allow Ten Hag to stay

When the squad had arrived at the Marriott hotel in London’s Mayfair on that eventful Friday, they got to their rooms to find a letter written by their partners or loved ones left on the bed. Each then received a video on their phone via WhatsApp with more goodwill messages. That was not all. A video shown at the hotel at the final team meeting on the Saturday morning before they left for Wembley had a particularly rousing effect. It featured a female member of United’s security team who had previously worked for the British military and whose story had moved Ten Hag reliving the day in Afghanistan she became trapped in a village with her platoon. Outnumbered and in grave danger, she explained how they worked together to escape. Not all of her colleagues were so lucky and ended up sacrificing their own lives to save villagers. The video was interspersed with images of United players winning individual duels during games as Ten Hag attempted to convince his squad they could also overcome the odds.

It was not the only emotive video the players would watch. The previous afternoon they had been shown an edit from the hit US sports movie Any Given Sunday and the iconic motivational speech given by Al Pacino’s character, Tony D’Amato, coach of the fictional Miami Sharks. In it, D’Amato urges his players to “heal as a team” rather than “dying as individuals” and Ten Hag had footage of Pacino’s voiceover and the U2 hit song One cut with footage of every one of his United players in action. This was not a manager running away from the fight but one impressively corralling his troops in the face of adversity. “Erik never hid during the season, not once,” said a well-placed source.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but he just doesn't come over as an inspiring manager to me. No doubt inheriting such a shambles of a club at the time he did had a big impact though. Maybe under Ratcliffe he will feel he has the support in place to prove himself. I dunno, I've really stopped caring tbh.

The Telegraph have an interesting article on Man Utd's decision to allow Ten Hag to stay
seems a bit OTT but OK. 😅 I am sure they all do that sort of crap now.

gazillionaire footballers living the dream and walking out at Wembley in a Cup final against your city rivals... but heaven forbid they don't get enough motivation!

I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt too. wasn't inspired by the thought of Southgate or Teuchel. hopefully we can have a decent summer of ins/outs and then an injury-free start to the season. need a new medical team I feel...

Back
Top Bottom