Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

Laughable so far at Palace. Team of strangers, several of whom are either not good e ough or are over the hill.

Not sure which will be the more humiliating, Europa Conference League, or no Europe at all. Anyway, it's looking like the latter.

Think that’s definitely the end of Ten Haag .
Yep, 8th would be the worst finish in the Prem era. Suspect he'd get binned at 6th or 7th too. You don't bang on about performance and then keep a manager who delivers historic failure.

Do feel a wee bit sorry for him with the injuries and players who don't give a shit.

Yep, 8th would be the worst finish in the Prem era. Suspect he'd get binned at 6th or 7th too. You don't bang on about performance and then keep a manager who delivers historic failure.

Do feel a wee bit sorry for him with the injuries and players who don't give a shit.
I think he might have got another year if Ratcliffe hadn't bought his way in. Ratcliffe may feel that he had to make statement of intent and there are some interesting names that may be available ie Tuchel, Amorin ( although I think hed be daft to take the job), possibly Southgate, possibly Naglesman, Flick, possibly De Zerbi or even Potter.

I think he might have got another year if Ratcliffe hadn't bought his way in. Ratcliffe may feel that he had to make statement of intent and there are some interesting names that may be available ie Tuchel, Amorin ( although I think hed be daft to take the job), possibly Southgate, possibly Naglesman, Flick, possibly De Zerbi or even Potter.
Yep to that. When Ratcliffe was going on about the place being a mess, it was obvious he wasn't going to let the team and manager get away with their own mess.

Amorim would do ok. Yous are just like Wolves now though. If the Saudi mugs buy your players off you you can embarrass the league again next year.

I dunno. Maybe the manager isn't the problem?
yeah, unsurprisingly the players are a big part of the problem. looking at the team last night, on paper, they should not be getting beat like that. they've obviously downed tools again. but ultimately, the buck stops at the manager, that's the game unfortunately. I don't think Ten Hag is as bad a manager as some of the results and the league table suggest but it is what it is.

yeah, unsurprisingly the players are a big part of the problem. looking at the team last night, on paper, they should not be getting beat like that. they've obviously downed tools again. but ultimately, the buck stops at the manager, that's the game unfortunately. I don't think Ten Hag is as bad a manager as some of the results and the league table suggest but it is what it is.
The last couple of managers have been let down by the players not giving a shit, dressing room whispers and the rest. I thought Ten Hag was a bit of a disciplinarian. Are the players getting back into the old ways of moaning and putting themselves before the team? Genuine question, as they say, must admit I don't read much about the club any more.

I think they’ve just given up on the league because there’s nothing (of note) to play for and also probably because they’re hearing all about the manager maybe going and a possible clear out of players. Even so, Ten Hag clearly isn’t stamping any authority on the team or a style of play. All a bit depressing and confusing.
I wonder if he maybe know he’s off at the end of the season. No point changing manager now.

I'm a Manyoo fan tomorrow. It's becoming a habit this season (thanks for Liverpool. Twice. 👍)

Earlier, in the pub, I even contemplated asking a student if I could hire his retro shirt with SHARP on the front.

They say you should try new experiences as you age.

Some of them don't want to pass the ball to Rasmus Hojlund any more?

79353529-0-image-a-90_1703630733879.jpg

Several Manchester United players share Rasmus Hojlund concern amid reluctance to pass to him

Curiouser and curiouser

Well all the players are getting a 25% wage cut for not getting Europe so that's cheaper at least. Plus with varane, martial, some others and possibly casemiro leaving they could nearly cut it in half.

Well all the players are getting a 25% wage cut for not getting Europe so that's cheaper at least. Plus with varane, martial, some others and possibly casemiro leaving they could nearly cut it in half.
Look I get the 'we have a group of young players who are maturing and we are going to cut the wage bill by listening to offers for some of our older players . This will leave us with some room for strengthening the squad'

However his remarks are more suitable for the assessment that he is going to have to undertake at the club?

What whose remarks?

All of those except casemiro are confirmed departures and with Saudi after him and a wage decrease here I can see it happening. Hasn't got that many years left and is a big name, few ex Madrid players there already and more apparently to follow.

Back
Top Bottom