Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

that all happened very quickly. i'm surprised by how fast they've arrested him tbh. not complaining mind, i'm happy he's been arrested.

If half of this is true he is fucking done and good riddance.

He has not been an angel on international duty and it seems (allegedly) this is not a new situation for his poor partner :(

Fuck his career. He has harmed his her badly and needs to (if guilty) do serious time.

Crikey. I just listened to that. Presumably if she felt the need to record it, this was far from the first time he'd behaved like that.

Terminate his contract.

A few of his team mates-Pogba, De Gea, Cavani and Telles have all also unfollowed him on social media. They all should, really.

Easy, there; where's evidence anyone was "getting off on it"?

Can agree or disagree with whether it should be shared/spoilered/whatever, but personally I don't think sharing the thing that is the precise subject of the story, and was originally shared by one of the two people involved, automatically implies "getting off on it".

yeah. guy going over the top calling the poster a 'certified creep'.

I saw somewhere that Ronaldo didn't like him from the start, didn't trust him. That was just a fan somewhere though.

I saw somewhere that Ronaldo didn't like him from the start, didn't trust him. That was just a fan somewhere though.
I think Ronaldo made a veiled comment (directed at him) about the attitude of younger players having little respect for guidance from senior members of the club and not fully applying themselves to extra training .

Tis a bit troubling that her old man doesn't seem particularly disturbed about the rape, more about the fact her 'phone was hacked'

Tis a bit troubling that her old man doesn't seem particularly disturbed about the rape, more about the fact her 'phone was hacked'

was it hacked? I gather not - she has received endless hate since this came out, so....
i hope she did put it out there herself, an incredibly brave and important move.

was it hacked? I gather not - she has received endless hate since this came out, so....
i hope she did put it out there herself, an incredibly brave and important move.

I doubt it was hacked but her dad sounds like a right dick. Maybe she posted it up in a moment of absolute desperation or something and then had second thoughts.

I wouldn't necessarily interpret as him not being too disturbed. The family will have been hit with a tidal wave of emotion over this and will still be processing it all.

I wouldn't necessarily interpret as him not being too disturbed. The family will have been hit with a tidal wave of emotion over this and will still be processing it all.

The evidence is pretty overwhelming. If I heard that audio clip of my daughter being raped I don't think I'd be quite so accommodating. Hopefully the guy's career is over, both for United and England.

The saddest thing from a personal point of view is that I’ve had to sit my football obsessed son down and had to explain this to him and why pro footballers aren’t necessarily the heroes he thought they were. Thankfully he’s not a man United fan, so didn’t hold the said person in high esteem anyway, but ....

It’s just horrid to have to explain .

Ah, sorry, hence "arrested on suspicion of" rather than "charged with"?

The law confuses me :(

To be questioned about allegations by way of interview usually means you have to be reminded of your rights first, so if there were "new" allegations beyond those he'd already been arrested for he'd have to be further arrested so they could ask him about them.

If you want to see the very worst thing about this case it’s the fact that Man United will continue to pay him his £75k a week fir as long as they can, because as soon as they stop paying him, he becomes a free agent, and some club somewhere, irrespective of what he’s done, will give him a contract, and MU won’t want to miss out on a potential £100m transfer fee!

The football authorities need to get in line and agree that a player released in circumstances like this is not able to play his trade anywhere!

If you want to see the very worst thing about this case it’s the fact that Man United will continue to pay him his £75k a week fir as long as they can, because as soon as they stop paying him, he becomes a free agent, and some club somewhere, irrespective of what he’s done, will give him a contract, and MU won’t want to miss out on a potential £100m transfer fee!

The football authorities need to get in line and agree that a player released in circumstances like this is not able to play his trade anywhere!

It is a difficult situation for the clubs who employ players alleged to have done things like this - yes, they've got their "brand" to consider but they are at the end of the day his employers (in his case since he was a kid) and so do have a duty of care for him (as well as all the other children and young adults they exploit). He is not the only PL player going through something like this at the moment and I think its better that the clubs engage appropriately with them and any safeguarding issues, rather than just binning them out the door as if these young men are nothing to do with them.

The second one though is really difficult - I mean, what do you do with someone like Lee Hughes?

Back
Top Bottom