Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

male style icons

I used to have my Dad’s antelope skin trench coat. It was very heavy. Fucking beautiful though. I don’t know where or how I lost it but I think of it quite often. I also had my Uncle Reggie’s WW2 sheepskin flying jacket. To my shame and sorrow, I’ve also lost that.

It was just like this one.

IMG_0755.jpeg

View attachment 443492
The hat that goes with these jackets looks a bit naff, though.

View attachment 443492

Boss jacket dah !

Been hammered by the masses that style of coat though. Worn brand new and shiny which doesn’t have the same affect as a well worn-in one.

The fold back sleeves plays to the working man/ redneck vibe so that’s okay, I reckon.

The right cowboy boots are a Goldilocks issue for sure. The only cowboy boots I’ll consider are square toed. I did have a pair of the winklepicker type but they annoyed me for a lot of reasons. I also have a pair of original Boy boots (bought at the original Boy shop back in ye olden days) but they’re flat. The heel on the cowboy boots provides the necessary element of dandy to the Tex-Tux to elevate it from :confused: :rolleyes::facepalm::hmm: to :cool::cool:

The whole point of double denim is that it can look really bad (as your sister pointed out), but done well it subverts that so it’s double good. The distance between ew wtf and yes man! is further than between whatevs and yes man!. Part of that is the pure chutzpah it takes to even try, let alone pull it off.

I also have my dad’s old high school ring. Any old clobber looks pretty fly when I’m wearing that.

I had to look up what Boy boots were and it is the most cursed keyword to search for. My main issue with finding the right kind of cowboy boots is to do with the heel, but it's an issue specific to women's cowboy boots so I'll keep it out of this threat ;) I do agree the heel is a necessity. Undecided re toe shape though, but would you not trade square toe for this?:

boots.jpeg

Re bad vs good: I also really like the liminal space between the good and the bad. You know, where the whole outfit at first glance could be saying some guy from accounts (if leaning heavily into normcore) or random drug dealer (if going for pizzazz) but there's just enough there - a little detail, very thoughtfully chosen, that leaves the observer unsure. It's nice to give off a really cool vibe but sometimes it's also nice to confuse the shit out of people. The principle extends beyond double denim.

Back
Top Bottom