Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Denim Jackets & the 40something male?

Hadn't you heard about the whole electrified lighting rig on the inflatable barge in Angoulême water park, during the ill-conceived Aquataine - Les Monstres Marins du Rock festival?

RIP Denny
buttrock.gif

He was stage sparks so he brought it on himself really. Sad though, he'd done a lot of work for Pink Floyd as well iirc.

Wear what you want...denim is always good and everyone can wear it.
Denim jackets will never be anything but fashionable....they're classic.

The only question to ask is whether to get blue or black.......:)

Last edited:
I think the main key to double denim, is that the jacket has to be a different shade to the jeans, if it's the same, well, yeah.

Ultiimatly, wear what you want, you may look a fool, but you probably arn't, I won't judge anyone on how they dress! :)

I always aim to get the top and bottom as close in shade as possible myself - but they have to be dark. Too washed out and you start looking like status quo.

I'd never considered it a problem, but you have me a little worried now. I have a couple of denim jackets that get worn fairly regularly just because I have them and they've not fallen apart.

I have a thing for Aldi workwear trousers as well, maybe denim jackets are the least of my problems

20150824_DEXY0276_Fv01[2].jpg
this picture is just here to illustrate killer b's point about how the denim should be a dark indigo not the washed out floppy stuff.

Wear what you want to. Other people might judge, but who cares?

I personally think I'd look like a Top Gear presenter if I tried to wear a denim jacket or blue denim jeans.

I wear black jeans, T shirts, and suit jackets. It saves having to decide what to wear.

View attachment 112729
this picture is just here to illustrate killer b's point about how the denim should be a dark indigo not the washed out floppy stuff.
I love Kevin Rowland's costumes, but they aren't real clothes. Likewise a lot of the vintage scene tbh - I like to look at it when it's done well, and theres sometimes inspiration to be taken... but it's still fancy dress.

(That said, I reckon I could pretty much recreate that costume from my own denim chest. Might do so tonight for kicks)

proxy

Double-Denim-Steve-McQueen-and-James-Brown-1024x512.jpg

Double denim is doable. You have to be cool already. I am not cool already.

I agree with posters that darker dyes are the answer, and would add that oversizing is wise. A chore-coat might be the way to go:
15984994434_86ab9314dd_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom