Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Denim Jackets & the 40something male?

Bought one of these for £30.

Not as nice as the Levi's or some of the Japanese selvedge ones on the net. But fits well so will be a good "trial". I can always upgrade if I get on with it...

81ekhL83nNL._UX385_.jpg

Last edited:
Double denim is fine too. You can wear what you like (again though, I'd suggest making sure both jacket and jeans are dark indigo)

I always aim to get the top and bottom as close in shade as possible myself - but they have to be dark. Too washed out and you start looking like status quo.
Interesting advice.

I'd say the exact opposite. If you're wearing double denim, then don't make them match. And the jacket should probably (I know, no rules) be lighter. Just like the outfit chilango posted, actually. Black/dark jeans, your standard wash denim jacket.

:thumbs:

This 50-something still wears his Levi's denim jacket. I should add that neither Mrs Mx nor our daughter are particularly keen on being seen with me when I'm wearing it.

On the other hand, my daughter actually told me she liked my new Harrington style jacket. This may well be the first time ever that she has complemented me on an item of clothing that I have bought.

Interesting advice.

I'd say the exact opposite. If you're wearing double denim, then don't make them match. And the jacket should probably (I know, no rules) be lighter. Just like the outfit chilango posted, actually. Black/dark jeans, your standard wash denim jacket.

:thumbs:
I hate contrasting shades of denim myself. It's all fine though. Just wear what you think looks good.

Wore it to the pub this eve (with skinny grey jeans and a black t-shirt) A few "Oh, new jacket?" comments. I'm happy with how it looked. Obvs, it'd be nicer to have a full on premium version, but I could say the same about the rest of my clothes too.

So, yeah.

for me it's either cowboy boots or cuban heeled chelseas. depending on how i feel.
i got a few different pairs of them:

33937458330_b3e2a02a5c_b.jpg

Those boots are lush, but imo they'd be better if the inners were outers!! Are they awfully expensive? goes off to search

I have been wearing a relatively cheap Jean jacket of late. Dark blue. Usually with black jeans black T-shirt black shoes/trainers. Although admittedly I am not too sartorially adventurous.

True, but a denim jacket is hardly purple pantaloons. It's an ubiquitous light summer jacket: if people are going to worry about looking a twat in something so totally ordinary, is it any wonder men's fashion is mostly such a dull and mud coloured affair?
A denim jacket is not a random neutral garment. It is pretty much a sub-midlife-crisis thing. Look at the images on the thread of denim jacket role models. Other men in their forties may approve, certainly.

A denim jacket is not a random neutral garment. It is pretty much a sub-midlife-crisis thing. Look at the images on the thread of denim jacket role models. Other men in their forties may approve, certainly.
It's a thread about men in their 40s wearing denim jackets, on a forum whose posters are mostly 40+. It's unsurprising bearing that in mind that most of the images posted here as inspiration are older men. It's bollocks that they aren't popular with the youth tho - I see them all the time on people of all ages.

A denim jacket is a classic jacket. The style rarely changes...and probably wont ever go out of fashion....
It can be worn by anyone at any age...and the colour is up to personal taste.
My 77 year old dad wears a naturally aged and faded denim jacket that is older than me.....

Back
Top Bottom