Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Female Style Icons

bc6d2b016dee03b0135deb3734b859067bd1baff.png

I am reviving this thread with:
1) Cate Blanchett in Tar. Not only looks amazing in every shot but also I'm grateful to see a woman who's got a softer/cooler colouring. Lately all the 'strong looks' feature women with dark/contrasting features that I can't draw much inspiration from -_- But the wardrobe of Tar is chefs kiss
tar.png

2) Jodie Comer in Killing Eve. Yes, the pink organza dress, but also the trouser suit that she wore when she killed that guy early on in the series. Is she wearing combat boots with it? If so, it is a stroke of genius.

vilanelle.jpg

3) Talking of trouser suits, here's more Kate Bush (who's bound to appear repeatedly in this thread) in thick brown wool with a car salesman tie. I also love the low effort hair. This is what normcore could have looked like if people had a bit more imagination.

kate-bush.jpeg

4) Is this Diane Keaton? It's Diane Keaton. To me, what's cool here is the popped collar and the scarf. Although in reality I find that it's very hard to wear a scarf that way because wind keeps trying to blow it off my shoulders. However, walking with hands in pockets and keeping it secured that way is an idea.

diane-keaton.jpg

5) My final pick is a woman who's name I don't know but I guess style icons don't have to be just public figures? Either way, this is a suit but pirate-style. I think it's a cool idea and look how it's constructed: trousers tucked in boots, belt, unbuttoned white shirt, shaggy coat, hair, earrings. I'll just assume it's a fake fur for my purposes.

pirate.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom