Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

MAFSUK 2024

We've been a day behind and downloading where there's WiFi and watching it on my phone over dinner. Managed to watch it live last night though.

My husband's well into it now and become quite the authority on it. :rolleyes::D
It’s interesting to watch it with Mr Looby because he gets so angry about the pricks on there. It’s just so outside of his experience of being a man and being in relationships. We’ve had some really good conversations among the ‘why do you watch this bullshit’ snarks. 😄

Holly and Alex are a nightmare.

I can’t stand Alex and can quite believe the accusations that he’s been abusive in previous relationships.

Holly is desperate for Alex to hear her and notice her and is begging for him to talk to her but it’s never going to go well doing that in the middle of the dinner party. Maybe she feels safer doing it on camera? She’s jealous tonight though and Alex knows it.

I'm really not keen on this Stephen. But I feel like Hannah might be an actor. It was genius the way they managed to create an argument 5 days long about whether they should go for dinner, and don't get me wrong, I admire their stamina, but something's not ringing true.

Richelle is awful!
I really can't stand her and the more she talks the more I dislike her.
Orson seems like quite a nice guy but I haven't really got a handle on him yet, because most of what we've seen on telly so far is Richelle being horrible to him, he seems to be quite tolerant at least but it would be nice to see a bit more from him, I just get the impression that he's probably gone into his shell a bit.

I think they might have nailed it with the toxic positivity comment to Emma. I can imagine that being very difficult to be around.

I wonder what this secret is that's so personal Stephen doesn't want to mention it on camera yet he was willing to share it with Hannah within about 5 minutes of meeting her.
Ha! This is what I've been wondering. It's about his family (I think he said) so surely they'll all know he's shared something really personal about them all. It might be about his ex-wife I suppose, the mother of his children.

It’s interesting to watch it with Mr Looby because he gets so angry about the pricks on there. It’s just so outside of his experience of being a man and being in relationships. We’ve had some really good conversations among the ‘why do you watch this bullshit’ snarks. 😄
Ms starfish tends to watch it all on catch up on saturday/sunday mornings. If im up, our conversations are similar.

Ha! This is what I've been wondering. It's about his family (I think he said) so surely they'll all know he's shared something really personal about them all. It might be about his ex-wife I suppose, the mother of his children.
He's called them something insulting hasn't he? Or he's said he actually hates them. Something that would seem conspiratorial with the new wife but he would absolutely never want to be made public.

I think I saw a reference to his previous life being Jehovahs Witness or Mormon or something and he's left the life behind. Which could explain the large family and the moving to another part of the country.

This is the first series of MAFS that I've ever watched. It's awful isn't it? And utterly compelling too.

But it's so heavily edited that we can't really trust what we're seeing.

And I don't like the way that people are made to feel guilty for not finding their partner attractive. Everyone has a preference, and you can't force physical attraction!

But I'm still watching it avidly.

OMG the STIRRING :D :facepalm:
They're really gunning for Holly eh? All feels very manufactured. Which makes it more exciting than previous series 😆

That conversation between Holly and Orsen in his dressing gown is the most staged thing I've ever seen on this show. Both UK and Oz.

It all seems a lot more set up than previous series. There's a lot of "OK you two sit together and you ask them how they're feeling"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom