Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London St Paul's bomb plot: IS supporter Safiyya Shaikh 'got cold feet'

Oh no, Ascension Island is quite pleasant (it's not my scene for a two year posting, but the social life and fishing is supposed to be excellent) it's a bit warm, but it's fairly fertile - you could build a life there.
I bow to your experience

Helping with the drainage of Falkland sound it is then, she'll be issued with a bucket and spade to help her

it's mostly just a device for baiting liberals on the internet these days. It's really good for that though.

Not being a liberal, I'll just have to take your word for it. Just don't feel it's a good idea, especially to execute people with possible mental health issues.

Not being a liberal, I'll just have to take your word for it. Just don't feel it's a good idea, especially to execute people with possible mental health issues.

can i ask, if someone with mental health issues detonates a suicide vest in the middle of a crowded place, does it kill less people than if someone without mental health issues detonates a suicide vest in a crowded place?

i'm not a huge fan of the death penalty, entirely because of the chance of a miscarriage of justice, but as a way of ensuring that a person - regardless of their motivation/drivers - is no longer a threat to anyone, its pretty effective...

can i ask, if someone with mental health issues detonates a suicide vest in the middle of a crowded place, does it kill less people than if someone without mental health issues detonates a suicide vest in a crowded place?

i'm not a huge fan of the death penalty, entirely because of the chance of a miscarriage of justice, but as a way of ensuring that a person - regardless of their motivation/drivers - is no longer a threat to anyone, its pretty effective...

Obviously the end result is going to be the same. But what drives the would be bomber? It seems to be motivated by hatred rather than a political agenda...

Sure am, not sure what bearing it has on this incident, though?

Was highlighting how capital punishment is fucking terrible, how it is practiced in Japan is beyond the fucking pale; after first being sentenced they undergo around 15-20 years of waiting, during that time they are not classified as prisoners, they are the living dead. They are held in solitary confinement, with no TV, radio or books. They are allowed out of their cells for two one hour periods of exercise a week, they are not permitted to exercise in their cells, however they are also not permitted to lay down between 7am and 10pm, they must stand or sit on the floor. They are never given an execution date, they are told that their time is up around an hour before it happens, leaving them to suffer excruciatingly throughout the whole time not knowing if this morning will be their last.

The whole set up is sick.

Michael Barrett was no threat to anyone, he wasn't even in London at the the time of the act he was charged with committing. Hanging people isn't imo about justice but about sending a message

Was highlighting how capital punishment is fucking terrible, how it is practiced in Japan is beyond the fucking pale; after first being sentenced they undergo around 15-20 years of waiting, during that time they are not classified as prisoners, they are the living dead. They are held in solitary confinement, with no TV, radio or books. They are allowed out of their cells for two one hour periods of exercise a week, they are not permitted to exercise in their cells, however they are also not permitted to lay down between 7am and 10pm, they must stand or sit on the floor. They are never given an execution date, they are told that their time is up around an hour before it happens, leaving them to suffer excruciatingly throughout the whole time not knowing if this morning will be their last.

The whole set up is sick.

Agreed. The death penalty is barbaric, in any country. Just seems a bit random to bring Japanese "justice" into this case...

Because I reckon Japan employs the cruellest of all death penalties and people should know about it. Is all.

Still random, mind. You could have mentioned the often botched and prolonged executions in the US... the lethal injections which are presented as humane, but aren't and rely on supplies from Europe (iirc).

Still random, mind. You could have mentioned the often botched and prolonged executions in the US... the lethal injections which are presented as humane, but aren't and rely on supplies from Europe (iirc).

Cos I’m not too fussed at the method, whether it takes you one minute or thirty to die isn’t really a big deal, you don’t get to look back and judge it. But to do what they do in Japan to death row prisoners is wholly without justification.

Back
Top Bottom