Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist bookfair 2020

Page 97 so far (though yes, not all on this current issue). But I'm referencing it because sure as shit people on here will still be doing magic roundabout circles way past page 100 and you won't get an answer. I really think people need to get out and do other stuff to, y'know, "help the community".

Because this thread is an embarrassing waste of space.

And no, I don't understand most of what Rhyddical writes either.

I whole heartedly agree, so I'm gunna go and do some thing out in the community now ;p sorry for no replies for a while, It's not pointed silence folks x

(TBH my mates don't understand me half the time in the real world either. Apparently no one knows what "tatted" as in "to tat an old chair" means. Just me?)

Again, I appreciate it's distressing for you that you've been linked to this other account, and I can see why you think it'd be better to have certain conversations in private rather than out in public, but that is also a bit of a maddening thing to say if this whole mess started with people trying to email you and getting blanked in response. Having sensitive conversations in private rather than public is a good idea, but if you don't reply to people trying to contact you privately then it does seem a bit catch-22.

Pickmin, I'm not sure how bookfair organisers have done this thing when I've persistantly said I don't think ACG are transphobic and the collective as so noted, has been silent on the issue. This is the problem with all the shadow boxing that's been going on, It's also why we shouldn't have a public airing of laundry.
Ridicul, you don't need to say something explicit to suggest something to someone else, a nod's as good as a wink etc. As others have said if you actually replied to emails etc none of this dirty washing would be necessary

In some ways, that'd be fair enough if a few people put a Bookfair on in their town or city - although still pretty weird and they'd need to explain if they excluded established anarchist groups. But the London one, especially as you are taking on the long history and accumulated hard work put into the other events over decades, is tied to a movement and various groups whether the organisers like it (or them) or not. And it's fucking arrogant, individualist, and bad political form to just decide established anarchist groups aren't welcome (or whatever bollocks term that's been used).

Has anyone thought about setting up an over arching Anarchist Book Fair authority that could set rules and regulations for official Anarchist Book Fates and so prevent individual groups or individuals setting up non official Anarchist Book Fairs as appears to have happened in the case of this Anarchist Book Fare.

Happy to help…

Has anyone thought about setting up an over arching Anarchist Book Fair authority that could set rules and regulations for official Anarchist Book Fates and so prevent individual groups or individuals setting up non official Anarchist Book Fairs as appears to have happened in the case of this Anarchist Book Fare.

Happy to help…
Haven't you heard of ofbook, the bookfair regulators?

Banned from the Bookfair.. O.K.
I never much liked selliing there anyway
They said they only wanted well behaved mates.
Do they think pamphlets and .PDFs are just out of date?
Fuck 'em, I chosen to have my stall
On the grass outside Conway Hall
They just sit there on their overfed arses
Feeding off the sweat of less fortunate classes
They keep their fucking power cause their finger's on the button
They've got control and won't let it be forgotten
The truth of their reality is at the wrong end of a post
The proof of that is Twitter and other social media hosts
Seeing the platformist lying in the front yard
Seeing the status updates resting on the fence
Finding the entrance to your ownopen meeting is barred
And they've got the fucking nerve to call it defence
Seems their defence is just the threat of strength
Protection for the privileged at any length
The Bookfair committee protecting their profits from the poor
The young counterculturalists chaining up the door
Afraid that the people may ask for a little more
Than the shit they get. The shit they get
The shit they get. The shit they get
Defence? Shit, we forgot about class war
And no one but the Bookfair crew know what the fuck is for

Banned from the Bookfair.. O.K.
I never much liked selliing there anyway
They said they only wanted well behaved mates.
Do they think pamphlets and .PDFs are just out of date?
Fuck 'em, I chosen to have my stall
On the grass outside Conway Hall
They just sit there on their overfed arses
Feeding off the sweat of less fortunate classes
They keep their fucking power cause their finger's on the button
They've got control and won't let it be forgotten
The truth of their reality is at the wrong end of a post
The proof of that is Twitter and other social media hosts
Seeing the platformist lying in the front yard
Seeing the status updates resting on the fence
Finding the entrance to your ownopen meeting is barred
And they've got the fucking nerve to call it defence
Seems their defence is just the threat of strength
Protection for the privileged at any length
The Bookfair committee protecting their profits from the poor
The young counterculturalists chaining up the door
Afraid that the people may ask for a little more
Than the shit they get. The shit they get
Defence? Shit, we forgot about class war
And no one but the Bookfair crew know what the fuck is for

Made me smile. Your own? Sounds like it's adapted from Crass or Poison Girls or something but nice one anyway, I needed a smile.

I'm sorry if my writing is unclear, however what should be clear is that I'm not talking about the Bookfair policies on a public thread. I've said this a few times and yes I know I've been obtuse and unhelpful. Again, sorry about that. Those involved know the reasons. ,This isn't the space, again, sorry if the thread feels that that is a cunt move, but frankly it involves discussion that shouldn't be public.

Honestly at this point, think it'd be better if we stopped gassing about it on a Bookfair thread, give breathing space so that those involved can do whatever they need to backstage and hopefully clean up whatever mess there is one way or another.

Better us this space for talking about whether or not having an outside space worked, how were the online sessions? Wasn't it nice to be back in Conway hall etc etc
Nobody expects to hear about the discussions you've had or who said what as a collective, but people have every right to hear about your policies with regard to accepting stall applications. As it stood, you invited applications and then, apparently, ignored a group who had done as you asked. And not just a random group, a group representing a central tradition. Even if you won't discuss it on here, you are under an absolute obligation to engage with the ACG. Not just manners, but plain and simple comradeship.

apparently,

I've no absolute obligation to talk to anyone, neither does any org, none the less go into private affairs in public spaces.
Still, I have and hopefully the result will be a lot clearer for all parties in future with no need for speculative fury and shadow boxing.

The sooner thread just accepts this disappointing lack of information and it's dealt with properly the better, public baiting and beefs help no one, especially since I'm a cunt no one can understand apparently hahah.

Put this one back on track, we've got several stand alone sessions coming up which may not may not interest IDK, I'd rather be posting about them when it comes to it rather that going round and round, Frankly I'm spent with U75. I'm here coz I think there are good folk here who should be kept in the loop, but maybe I just can't hack the grind eh? Especially when it gets personal, fabricated and malicious, something I think it's clear, got under my skin a little lol. (little violins boo hoo etc etc)

Last edited:
I've no absolute obligation to talk to anyone, neither does any org, none the less go into private affairs in public spaces.
Still, I have and hopefully to result will be a lot clearer for all parties in future with no need for speculative fury and shadow boxing.

The sooner thread just accepts this disappointing lack of information and it's dealt with properly the better, public baiting and beefs help no one, especially since I'm a cunt no one can understand apparently hahah.

Put this one back on track, we've got several stand alone sessions coming up which may not may not interest IDK, I'd rather be posting about them when it comes to it rather that going round and round, Frankly I'm spent with U75. I'm here coz I think there are good folk here who should be kept in the loop, but maybe I just can't hack the grind eh? Especially when it gets personal, fabricated and malicious, something I think it's clear, got under my skin a little lol. (little violins boo hoo etc etc)
Bloody hell, but you're a bell end.

Still, I have and hopefully the result will be a lot clearer for all parties in future with no need for speculative fury and shadow boxing.

There's a bottom line here: you invited anarchist organisations to apply for a stall. You got those applications, but refused to reply to at least one of those. The most anyone has got from you is 'reasons... it's secret... we aren't telling you'. It's nothing to do with revealing your internal discussion, there's no need to breach confidentiality. We weren't at the point of finding out your 'reasons', though your reversion to the tale of the AFED split makes it very clear what they are. It was initially about getting you to actually reply. Disagreements remain around trans rights and one of your earlier posts seemed to be suggesting you'd only allow any kind of rapprochement if the ACG recant/apologise. But whatever the future, whatever the chances of movement, this sorry episode only makes things worse. For all the pirouettes in your posts, you don't seem able to address that.

Back
Top Bottom