Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist bookfair 2020

Fozzie's email mate, sorry for confusion.

10 pages of people taking a lack of response on a bloody internet thread on a matter they might not have all the info on as some horrific cunting twatting arse policeman personal assulat behaviour rather than just giving the benefit of the doubt and remembering we're supposed to be on the same side here, well mostly. lol

I could very easily just stuck my fingers up and moved on and my glib "anyways... here is another thing" is being taken as the vile insult from the incompentant anarchkiddies, rather than what it is, the additional aggro and tossed insults just sort of re-enforcing the questionable splendor of U75.

I'm a peaceful chap and I've got absolutely no aggy here, how folk want to respond to not being given an answer upon demand is up to them.

1630366005847.png

Last edited:
You can look at Twitch in a normal browser, I think.
We'll have both streams broadcasted onto our website, so you wont actually need to go on Twitch at all. We've also integrated the chat functionality so you can interact with the panel, chat to over viewers etc.

FFS, totally weird.

At any point in the last pages you could have said something like "Look, there's some shit going on, I can't give an easy answer atm, sorry."

Or you could have emailed the ACG directly and said here, "We've been in touch with the ACG, not going into details in public."

You even could have said "Fuck the ACG, we hate them and the way they've behaved over X or their political position on Y, so they're banned."

Basic human interaction skills, some simple communication between comrades, normal levels of behaviour between adults, that kind of thing.

To now go on about how everyone is being unreasonable demanding answers and how we just need to show some respect is just fucking bonkers and smacks of trolling us and the ACG and that there's some nasty shit going on behind the scenes. All of which you could have avoided ages ago by just acting like a standard mature adult. Instead you posted some unicorns and memes and barely intelligible long posts. Way to go.

And since you haven't said that the ACG are banned I hope they'll be being offered a stall at short notice and an apology for the shit behaviour of the organizing group.

Anyway I'm out of this, it's a very depressing episode, fuck the pathetic teenage-like weirdo anarchist scene.

Last edited:
The silent treatment is a documented form of enotional abuse:

Not posting at all wouldn't be the silent treatment btw as it wouldn't be singling one group of people out.

10 pages of people taking a lack of response on a bloody internet thread on a matter they might not have all the info on
That's the thing innit, we know we haven't got all the info, that's why we keep saying "can we have some more information please?" And when the response amounts to variations on "No <3. It's a secret. :)" it's hardly surprising that people are going to a) start speculating and b) get frustrated.
rather than just giving the benefit of the doubt
And that's the other problem, it's very very difficult to simultaneously give the benefit of the doubt to both the bookfair organisers and to the group that cannot be named. I have genuinely been trying to do my best to do that, Fozzie's probably been doing a better job of it, but either way, it's possible to imagine a perfectly innocent, no-fault explanation for the ACG not getting a stall (reduced stall numbers due to covid restrictions, etc), but it's pretty hard to see an innocent, no-fault explanation for why they need to be sent to Coventry and given Schrodinger's stall. At which point we need to either give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your behaviour towards them is justified, or give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it isn't until proven otherwise. It's not particularly surprising if people are tending towards the latter option.
and remembering we're supposed to be on the same side here
Indeed, this bit is true enough. I suppose you could even say that you need an outward-looking, expansive, genuinely inclusive approach that accepts degrees of difference if you want to change the world – or simply save your local library or support a group of workers in struggle. The key thing to stress here is that the people we are talking about are still our class. So how do we address these issues without treating the people we are working with as enemies in the same way as the ruling class is our enemy?

That's the thing innit, we know we haven't got all the info, that's why we keep saying "can we have some more information please?" And when the response amounts to variations on "No <3. It's a secret. :)" it's hardly surprising that people are going to a) start speculating and b) get frustrated.
Yes, unnecessarily maintaining an asymmetry of information, particularly when repeatedly invited to share, does not appear to be behaving in a comradely or broadly collectivist manner.

FFS, totally weird.

At any point in the last pages you could have said something like "Look, there's some shit going on, I can't give an easy answer atm, sorry."

Or you could have emailed the ACG directly and said here, "We've been in touch with the ACG, not going into details in public."

You even could have said "Fuck the ACG, we hate them and the way they've behaved over X or their political position on Y, so they're banned."

Basic human interaction skills, some simple communication between comrades, normal levels of behaviour between adults, that kind of thing.

To now go on about how everyone is being unreasonable demanding answers and how we just need to show some respect is just fucking bonkers and smacks of trolling us and the ACG and that there's some nasty shit going on behind the scenes. All of which you could have avoided ages ago by just acting like a standard mature adult. Instead you posted some unicorns and memes and barely intelligible long posts. Way to go.

And since you haven't said that the ACG are banned I hope they'll be being offered a stall at short notice and an apology for the shit behaviour of the organizing group.

Anyway I'm out of this, it's a very depressing episode, fuck the pathetic teenage-like weirdo anarchist scene.
And don't forget Rhyddical, you - your group, the organising committee - were the ones who invited stall applications. Inviting applications, particularly from established groups, comes with the responsibility that you will manage to reply. Whatever your reasons for refusing the ACG, they don't stop you actually replying. It's appalling manners, it leads to exactly the situation you've found yourself in on this thread and leaves people in limbo as to whether they should make arrangements to attend. And most of all, you do this at the very time we need a thriving working class politics.

What a state to get yourselves in.

He’s not answering & is really getting off on your rage over lack of answers. There’s probably a sniggering WhatsApp chat somewhere with the choicest quotations.

I have no dog in this fight but I don’t see what tens of pages of demands roaring for answers, like a senile Erich Mielke shouting down a disconnected phone in a jail cell, is really achieving.

Side-clutching stuff. The Anarchist Bookfair thread never fails to deliver.

I suspect this is nothing more than afters from the 2018 split/aftermath of the last Bookfair. At some point the collective saw the application from the ACG and said 'fuck that, transphobes'. Everything has followed from that (blatantly untrue) position/decision. It can't be defended, it can't be communicated, so it's fingers in ears time and meme posting.

I'll be happy to be corrected on that.

He’s not answering & is really getting off on your rage over lack of answers. There’s probably a sniggering WhatsApp chat somewhere with the choicest quotations.

I have no dog in this fight but I don’t see what tens of pages of demands roaring for answers, like a senile Erich Mielke shouting down a disconnected phone in a jail cell, is really achieving.

WhatsApp? Grandad. It will be a Discord Server.

To be fair, members of the ACG have been very measured in their response, it's been the rest of us raging. I do think you might be right about Rhyddical getting off on this though, or at least building victimhood out of it,

Said this last night. Need to up the ante. One mention of Ska going to meet the head honcho of the bookfair and Rydical began to invite everyone for a pint. .

The point is how this political one-legged duck swimming in circles looks to anyone curious about attending / non-hierarchical politics in general.

At best, embarrassing.
yeh well if people won't ask straightforward questions in a straightforward manner then this is what you get. it's still a fuck of a lot less embarrassing than what goes on in parliament.

The point is how this political one-legged duck swimming in circles looks to anyone curious about attending / non-hierarchical politics in general.

At best, embarrassing.
It’s sadly true.

I speak entirely for myself here, but as someone who has never attended a London Bookfair (I’ve been to London about 5 times in my life, if you count making connections at Heathrow), I don’t feel at all motivated to go to one. If this is the state of the “anarchist” “scene” in London, I think we’re well out of it.

In Glasgow we have comradely relations with several other groups, working together on various things, having them to talk at our meetings, etc. Nationally, the ACG has worked with other organisations such as the Angry Workers, RAG and several others I apologise for forgetting right now. Internationally, we’re in constant contact with organisations right across the world. Comrades in Latin America even send us early drafts of their pamphlets to read over and we do likewise. I was really impressed, on joining the ACG that all this was going on!

Then this, basically high school drama, comes along once a year, and I think, you know what, if that’s UK anarchism we should probably distance ourselves from it anyway.

As others have said, the organised working class movement is at a very low ebb. We should concentrate on working with those serious organisations who actually want to get stuff done. I’ve no idea who Rhyddical is or what he’s/they have done in the movement, but I strongly suspect the movement he/they are involved in isn’t something I’d recognise anyway. We should just let them get on with whatever it is they do.

That’s a personal view, but it s one I’ll be putting forward at the next opportunity.

It’s sadly true.

I speak entirely for myself here, but as someone who has never attended a London Bookfair (I’ve been to London about 5 times in my life, if you count making connections at Heathrow), I don’t feel at all motivated to go to one. If this is the state of the “anarchist” “scene” in London, I think we’re well out of it.

In Glasgow we have comradely relations with several other groups, working together on various things, having them to talk at our meetings, etc. Nationally, the ACG has worked with other organisations such as the Angry Workers, RAG and several others I apologise for forgetting right now. Internationally, we’re in constant contact with organisations right across the world. Comrades in Latin America even send us early drafts of their pamphlets to read over and we do likewise. I was really impressed, on joining the ACG that all this was going on!

Then this, basically high school drama, comes along once a year, and I think, you know what, if that’s UK anarchism we should probably distance ourselves from it anyway.

As others have said, the organised working class movement is at a very low ebb. We should concentrate on working with those serious organisations who actually want to get stuff done. I’ve no idea who Rhyddical is or what he’s/they have done in the movement, but I strongly suspect the movement he/they are involved in isn’t something I’d recognise anyway. We should just let them get on with whatever it is they do.

That’s a personal view, but it s one I’ll be putting forward at the next opportunity.
Bye then Danny.

Who needs the ACG when we've got Art for Animals, the Essex Hunt Sabs and Clapton Punks doing stalls eh?

Back
Top Bottom