Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London 20th- anyone going?

Apparently, yer man there was killed directly after the photo was taken. A bit of a bad omen for today probably.

*has a massive hangover*

I shall walk the dogs, and go get on that train. Possibly see some of you in a while.

Am there abouts with Jon of arc and dollys gal. Keep us posted re which pub you're meeting at later (I couldn't work out which was agreed)

Having a nice cup of coffee in the cage in Red Lion Square. Can't be arsed to hang about on the embankment for two hours...

Met up with peeps at the Imperial War Museum park. Was pleasing and everyone seemed in good spirits. Listened to Hazza Harman get heckled, chatted to a pair of cheery coppers and now off to work. Shame not to be marching but the people of Brixton need burgers.

MetPolice just tweeted saying there is no sec60 in place.

e2a; plod on the ground think there is a sec60 - might take a while to filter down!

Couldn't fucking make it up.

coffee, food,then I'm on my way. Might have to leave my head in the freezer for a bit too, but that shouldn't take long.

It's set off now - it's actually quite easy to wander around on the embankment though, in case anyone is worrying about getting trapped.

Saying on twitter that they (police) have put a section 60 into effect for today's march.

Isn't that to do with violent football hooliganism or can it be used wider? :hmm:

NM Googled it.

Stop and search, innit.

Section 60 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, gives police the right to search people in a defined area at a specific time when they believe, with good reason, that: there is the possibility of serious violence; or that a person is carrying a dangerous object or offensive weapon; or that an incident involving serious violence has taken place and a dangerous instrument or offensive weapon used in the incident is being carried in the locality. This law has to be authorised by a senior officer and is used mainly to tackle football hooliganism and gang fights.

loads of people here - 100,000 according to police - but it all feels a bit tame compared to last year. Lots of union presence with their smart placards etc, but there seems to be less small groups here and less of a diverse mix of people. People seem, well, less angry than previosuly, a bit of resignation in the air perhaps? Still, a good turnout. Let's see what happens later...

qRG8Z.jpg

Excellent! :D

Back
Top Bottom