Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London 20th- anyone going?

I suggested an after thingy, instead of listening to speakers in the park, head to a pub near to Marble Arch station. But nobody seemed interested. (Quebec Arms is the closest I can think of) That's where I'll be anyway :)

I suggested an after thingy, instead of listening to speakers in the park, head to a pub near to Marble Arch station. But nobody seemed interested. (Quebec Arms is the closest I can think of) That's where I'll be anyway :)

Proves you don't read the drag thread :D The last suggestion was the pub at St C's Place after Workfare on Oxford St.

We've got to be on a coach at 6 and it's gonna be hard enough for me to meet dotty let alone anyone else ... will say hi to anyone I come across though x

Back in the day there was usually a pre demo meet up point. I guess that still happens but such is the clique mentality nowadays that it's probably organised off the boards.

Back in the day there was usually a pre demo meet up point. I guess that still happens but such is the clique mentality nowadays that it's probably organised off the boards.
The tube's a bit broken over the weekend, and people coming in from all over. So people are just posting what feeder march they're joining (with details of where and when) and any other action. And phone numbers if wanted by PM. Nowt cliquish about it, just practical.

Nah. It will be massive but the BBC will say that numbers are down no matter what because that's what they've been told to say. Will be out leafleting for it in a few hours time. These things don't happen often in anyone's lifetime. Get down here.

kinda depends what you mean by "often" i guess

cesare said:
The tube's a bit broken over the weekend, and people coming in from all over. So people are just posting what feeder march they're joining (with details of where and when) and any other action. And phone numbers if wanted by PM. Nowt cliquish about it, just practical.

Perhaps I was wrong in my assessment then and for that I apologise. The big protests back in the day (Iraq war etc) used to have publicised meeting points though.

I won't be there tomorrow. I'm rostered on to work, unfortunately. Obviously I could have booked a day off but then that would have affected whether I could go to the book fair next week, which I want to do but isn't a foregone conclusion as of yet.

Good luck for workfare though. I'd want to be involved in that more than the march tbh, especially as action around that has already yielded significant victories.

I'm sure I could do both, the do in question is in the Rising Sun Pub on Tottenham court rd, which pub are you saying
?
At the end of St Christopher's Place. Or there's the one that xes suggested just down the road from there. There'll be plenty of people around. The Rising Sun's better than original SOAS venue innit :D

At the end of St Christopher's Place. Or there's the one that xes suggested just down the road from there. There'll be plenty of people around. The Rising Sun's better than original SOAS venue innit :D
Great, I'm sure I'll be there at some point. Better venue indeed.

Back
Top Bottom