Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Liz and her "team" survey the smoking ruins of neoliberal Capitalist policy. Rampant inflation, soaring energy prices, food shortages, multiple strikes, civil unrest, the collapse of basic health care.

One of her team, hollow cheeked, turns to her, tears in their eyes, "What should we do Ms Truss? Everything we've tried over the last 25 years hasn't worked! We've just made things worse and worse!".

Liz Truss turns to them, "we could try cutting taxes again?", shrugs and walks off.

Liz Truss turns to them, "we could try cutting taxes again?", shrugs and walks off.

Given enough desperation and out-of-the-box thinking I think we'll end up with "cut taxes and kill all the poor" (as I don't think she's got around to cutting taxes yet).

I think we're in danger of writing her off before she's even kissed Brenda's ring. It's been a while since we've seen her, so who knows how that'll play out

post-urban75-politics-queenie_liz_truss-001-tcsm;tvfilm.jpg

Liz and her "team" survey the smoking ruins of neoliberal Capitalist policy. Rampant inflation, soaring energy prices, food shortages, multiple strikes, civil unrest, the collapse of basic health care.

One of her team, hollow cheeked, turns to her, tears in their eyes, "What should we do Ms Truss? Everything we've tried over the last 25 years hasn't worked! We've just made things worse and worse!".

But the reason why we keep on seeing the same problems and ‘solutions’ is that any leader’s team member would not regard the last 25 (45?) years as failure; quite the contrary...their neoliberalism is working just as intended.

HIGNFY used a tub of lard for Roy Hattersley; C4 used a melting ice edifice for Johnson; the BBC should come up with something similar for Truss, and have Robinson pose the questions he would have asked her to see if he can get more articulate answers.

perhaps an entirely empty space would be appropriate

The time line is -

Voting closes on Fri.
The winner is announced Mon. at 12.30pm.
Johnson then travels to see the Queen at Balmoral to tender his resignation.
The Queen then invites the winner to travel to Balmoral to be formally invited to form a new government, that 1000-mile round trip is expected to happen on Tue.
So if johnson travels on monday and truss travels on tuesday then does that mean we have no pm for 24 hours? :hmm:

On the contrary according to my foreign office chum she actually is the life and soul of the party. Likes a party a little bit too much.

I think it was PE that was insistent she’s a bit keen on unbuttered back room meetings with interns instead of working

So if johnson travels on monday and truss travels on tuesday then does that mean we have no pm for 24 hours? :hmm:
We've had no pm since the fucker announced his resignation at the beginning of July, we didn't have all that much of one before that tbh.
I have visions of Brenda punching the air with glee going "Yes Boris is gone!" and then sinking into a bout of depression as she realises that Liz is taking his place (much like the rest of us really)
I don't know how long Loopy Lizzie will keep the top job though, I can't remember who wrote it but I remember reading (probably in the Guardian) a piece that pointed out Liz is unusual in that she will be voted as leader by the membership over the wishes of the MP's who wanted someone else. He reckoned that their loyalty to her might be shaky at best.

We've had no pm since the fucker announced his resignation at the beginning of July, we didn't have all that much of one before that tbh.
I have visions of Brenda punching the air with glee going "Yes Boris is gone!" and then sinking into a bout of depression as she realises that Liz is taking his place (much like the rest of us really)
I don't know how long Loopy Lizzie will keep the top job though, I can't remember who wrote it but I remember reading (probably in the Guardian) a piece that pointed out Liz is unusual in that she will be voted as leader by the membership over the wishes of the MP's who wanted someone else. He reckoned that their loyalty to her might be shaky at best.
Yeah she came third in the first round of mp voting iirc. Hopefully won't take too long for the letters to the 1922 chairman to start :thumbs:

She has less than a 1000 days in office before she can call an Election from what i read somewhere, so anything is possible I suppose
She can call an election as soon as she's PM if she really wants.

I suspect what you mean is she has less than a 1000 days in office before she must call a general election.

Back
Top Bottom