Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Yes. The first thing she'll try is to take us out of the ECHR.
She'll do everything Patel is doing and use the culture war narrative, ie throwing the marginalised communities under a bus, to do so. Blame the failure of Brexit on trans people or something. She's dim and ideologically driven. Another vacuous black hole like Truss

You're right; she was a Johnson loyalist, and we saw how popular he was with his MPs by the end.

Assuming he stays in Parliament, at least until the next GE, it'll be interesting to see if he does anything May-like criticism.

You're right; she was a Johnson loyalist, and we saw how popular he was with his MPs by the end.

Assuming he stays in Parliament, at least until the next GE, it'll be interesting to see if he does anything May-like criticism.
I reckon the 'one-nation' faction will bide their time a bit like the LP right and just wait for electoral disaster to bring them the change of leadership that they want.

I reckon the 'one-nation' faction will bide their time a bit like the LP right and just wait for electoral disaster to bring them the change of leadership that they want.
yeah - you get the sense that the remain/liberal side of the torys want the brextiy/trumpian fever to be scorched out of the party and accept that an electoral kicking is the only way to do it.

If so, Sunak will have tanked his future prospects by desperately following Liz Truss down the rabbit hole of weird fanatical shit. Which is hilarious.

yeah - you get the sense that the remain/liberal side of the torys want the brextiy/trumpian fever to be scorched out of the party and accept that an electoral kicking is the only way to do it.
Labour have a problem. Starmer is utterly vacuous.Never knowingly on the record on any given issue. An empty suit topped with a haircut three decades too young.

1l.jpeg

That's the Sunday Mirror's front page, according to their political editor on Sky News, letters of no-confidence in Truss could be going in as early as this coming week, and the plotters are hoping to reach the magic number before Christmas, I guess we can live in hope.

Whole shitshow is a fucking joke tbf.

:snarl:
At the most critical time of the year, at the most critical time of the NHS' history (even including the height of the pandemic), a person who can't even feign compassion.

OTOH the pressure she'll be under has potential for schadenfreude. Can you imagine her visiting hospitals and being confronted by angry plebs, moaning about their sick kids or some tedious bullshit.

At the most critical time of the year, at the most critical time of the NHS' history (even including the height of the pandemic), a person who can't even feign compassion.

OTOH the pressure she'll be under has potential for schadenfreude. Can you imagine her visiting hospitals and being confronted by angry plebs, moaning about their sick kids or some tedious bullshit.
That last sentence is the only glimmer of anything remotely cheering. It's all such a nightmare and it's only going to get worse.

She isn't even officially in power yet but I hate her already. Is it possible we have the addiction to popularity of Johnson, the stupidity and viciousness of Patel and the understanding of global economics of the slug I evicted from the kitchen this morning, all in the one festering ToryZombie ?

She isn't even officially in power yet but I hate her already. Is it possible we have the addiction to popularity of Johnson, the stupidity and viciousness of Patel and the understanding of global economics of the slug I evicted from the kitchen this morning, all in the one festering ToryZombie ?

Police fear hard winter of surging crime and civil unrest

Back
Top Bottom