Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

in his book 'modern ireland 1600-1972' roy foster talks about the effusion of poetry written by fenians how so much of it was awful. and so much of it is awful, even if people like john o'leary tried to keep the worst excesses from seeing the light of day, or rather print in a newspaper. but even the worst sentimental twaddle published in newspapers like the irishman or universal news was far far superior to utter shit like the offering above

'Come on plebs, work harder for your masters, and be thankful they deign to give you a job.'

Liz Truss, now the Tory leadership frontrunner, launched an astonishing broadside against British workers, saying they needed “more graft” and suggesting they lacked the “skill and application” of foreign rivals, the Guardian can reveal.

Also if they think workers lack skills, then surely companies and government should invest more in training and education.

According to reports earlier she was enjoys some champagne
Lots of people do. It's very nice. Few however, would dare to bill the taxpayer for Mayfair mark ups, and to drink so fucking much of it at lunch. If she was able to walk to her car unaided after putting away what she did, then being that blind drunk can only be a regular occurrence. If she wasn't able to, then her judgement for what's appropriate behaviour in front of foreign diplomats at working lunches is shot. Either way, it's a testament to her complete incompetence.

It will happen. And not temporarily.

It is the only 'win the next election' solution. Do it in the way that the transport industry was nationalised after WWII.
I'd like to agree with you, but not a hope in hell IMO.
The consolidator state and the neoliberal ideologues managing it will always defend (unearned) wealth and use tax derived from labour to subsidise businesses with corporate welfare. Nationalising goes against every tenet of their world view.

The consolidator state and the neoliberal ideologues managing it will always defend (unearned) wealth and use tax derived from labour to subsidise businesses with corporate welfare. Nationalising goes against every tenet of their world view.

Gonna be a fight…

Saving their seats at the next election will be the paramount objective. Millions of people being hauled into court for non-payment of fuel bills will not be allowed to happen.

I don't know if you are aware of what happened in the transport industry post war, companies were taken into public ownership, and the prior owner issued with British Transport Stock certificates to the value of their business. The stock had a fixed dividend, 3% IIRC. My mother had some income from this, as her late father's business was nationalised.

She really has it in for the green energy levy according to her comments in Norn.

Let’s leave aside we’ve just had the driest year since god knows when, drier than 76 and more fires than the fire service can cope with.

The green energy stuff adds a mere few percent to the bills and cutting it doesn’t encourage business to build more fucking capacity or give us cheaper bills.

Saving their seats at the next election will be the paramount objective. Millions of people being hauled into court for non-payment of fuel bills will not be allowed to happen.

I don't know if you are aware of what happened in the transport industry post war, companies were taken into public ownership, and the prior owner issued with British Transport Stock certificates to the value of their business. The stock had a fixed dividend, 3% IIRC. My mother had some income from this, as her late father's business was nationalised.
I agree that, electorally, the vermin will have to come up with something to stop 1/4 of the population being prosecuted for non-payment etc....but it won't be nationalisation. They will, as I said, subsidise the losses to capital by using tax-payers £ & borrowing to make up the loss payments. A win/win for Truss; she buys the Sunak/furlough-style gratitude of the ill-informed masses and maintains returns to capital for the corporations.

Is it possible that you are confusing Truss with her former colleague Amber Rudd?

Truss committed adultery with former - but then serving - Conservative MP Mark Field for 18 months, which led to his wife divorcing him.

Truss and Rudd are on the Tory Whips secret blackmail list because of their relationships with Kwasi Kwertang.

FXQIPI6XEAAvOyx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom