Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

I can't imagine anyone in Taiwan is particularly grateful for Truss bumbling in with her insights to the delicate situation

Tell us about self-awareness, 8ball? I'm interested in your thoughts.
C9FAlvcUQAEC77S

Hopefully her time really will be up if she's stupid enough to stand at the next election. 26,000 majority shouldn't be difficult to overturn. She's very easy to dislike.

Low taxes, collapsing social security and Bringing Back The Workhouse are Fundamental Tory Values - what else is there to the ideology?

Her policies werent tried - they didnt get a chance - thats the argument
And are these "values" the crucial point? What about interests?

Actually, she has a point there, an “economic nato” is a good idea. A union of geographically close countries might just work. Perhaps we could start with the European ones?
Nah be a nightmare, NATO has standards for procument things like making sure everyone's gun are compatible with standard agreed rounds. Start thinking about trying to do in economics with stuff like currency headaches lots and lots of headaches

Last edited:
Nah be a nightmare, NATO has standards for procument things like making sure everyone's gun are compatible with standard agreed rounds. Start thinking about trying to do in economics with stuff like currency headaches lots and lots of headaches
Yeah, there’s no way on earth you’d ever get loads of countries using the same currency. It’ll never happen :hmm: :D

As if those local radio interviews weren't bad enough for Truss, eight of them have won a national award for them. :D

Eight local journalists are set to share a national award for a round of interviews they conducted with Liz Truss while she was Prime Minister.

The Broadcasting Press Guild has honoured the presenters from BBC Radio Leeds, Norfolk, Kent, Lancashire, Nottingham, Tees, Bristol and Stoke for their work on a series of “car crash” interviews given by Ms Truss in September following the “mini-budget” by then-Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng.

It is widely believed that Downing Street set up the interviews in the hope that the local presenters would present the then PM with a series of “soft” questions.

In fact it turned into a demonstration of the power of local journalism, with Ms Truss audibly floundering in the face of some tough grilling from the presenters.

Awarding them its jury prize, the BPG has described the breakfast show interviews as “game-changing for Liz Truss and her doomed government.”

Eight local journalists win national award for Truss ‘car crash’ interviews

The Sunday Telegraph (paywall) reports on today's front page that Truss is planning to make a speech condemning a "cartel of complacency" related to an OECD backed plan to have a harmonised 15% global corporation tax. From reading the front page uploaded to the BBC newspaper review thing, I'm getting the impression that she has now jumped to the fringes of obsession and I do wonder what the good people of her constituency think while she's turning into this tax-obsessed robotic weirdo.

The Sunday Telegraph (paywall) reports on today's front page that Truss is planning to make a speech condemning a "cartel of complacency" related to an OECD backed plan to have a harmonised 15% global corporation tax. From reading the front page uploaded to the BBC newspaper review thing, I'm getting the impression that she has now jumped to the fringes of obsession and I do wonder what the good people of her constituency think while she's turning into this tax-obsessed robotic weirdo.

She's as mad as a box of frogs, here's a paywall-free link - Liz Truss to call OECD a ‘global cartel of complacency’ over taxes

Back
Top Bottom