Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

The Reform Party has produced their own bizarre clone ...
By all accounts they used to be on GB "News" ...
And more bizarrely had actual political experience - albeit as an Brexit MEP would never have needed to know anything ...

I saw that and she is decidely channeling an undead Truss, even down to the stupid statement ... vacant smile ... wait for thunderous applause ... muted clapping. :D

You could definitely see her starting some batshit breakaway party in the not too distant future couldn't you.
100%.
It would, in a bizarre way, make sense to me.
She's no future in the Tory Party, save being a toothless provocateur.
If she can push the 'wokerati' shtick far enough, there'll be plenty of gammon wankers willing to vote for it.

And more bizarrely had actual political experience - albeit as a Brexit MEP they would never have needed to know anything ...

Wow, that is quite incredible. She makes Truss look like the brain of Britain.

And more bizarrely had actual political experience - albeit as a Brexit MEP they would never have needed to know anything ...

You’re definitely sure this isn’t a spoof?

Liz Truss contests £12,000 bill over use of Chevening country house

Liz Truss is contesting a government bill relating to her use of the grace-and-favour country house she had access to as foreign secretary. The former Conservative prime minister has been asked to foot a bill of about £12,000 for costs incurred at Chevening House in Kent. The bill covers the period last year when Ms Truss was running to be the leader of the Conservative Party...

...Ms Truss is still an MP and has spent some of her time giving speeches about her economic philosophy since she left office, with the latest register of interests for MPs showing she received £65,000 for one speaking engagement.

‘Missing bathrobes’ on Liz Truss bill for last days at Chevening (paywall busted version)

Liz Truss is understood to have been handed a £12,000 bill to cover the cost of food and drink as well as bathrobes and slippers that are said to have disappeared from her grace and favour country home when she was foreign secretary.
The Cabinet Office sent Truss the invoice for costs arising from her stays at the Chevening estate, which she frequently used in the latter stages of last summer’s Tory leadership campaign.
The 17th-century house, which is made available to foreign secretaries, was used by Truss and her aides as they made plans for her taking over as prime minister.
A source told The Mail on Sunday that officials have contacted Truss and made clear that she needs to pay for items that went missing during her tenure, as well as the food and wine she and her aides consumed there.
Could also go on the u75 informal actions thread, I suppose.

As much as Instagram diplomacy has some resonance..if she was invited she was invited.

As for UKs China policy I await what comes out of the official visit to S.A.R. I suspect it will be: China We want to move the goal posts again!
UK How far?

And lets not forget we'll almost certainly be paying for her protection officers to travel with her - on top of her expenses being paid by us too.

Truss invents the EU.
EU doesn't have US nor Canada in it. It does have standards though and sorting them has lead to some tails. She might have point we are looking at models largely built off what did Rome do? And all the democracy stuff that all came about coz they k ew military logistics was too powerful without civil cut in

Back
Top Bottom