Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Truss is about to speak from outside No, 10, having resigned as party leader, she now needs to give notice she's off to resign as PM, then go to see King 'oh dear, oh dear' Charles.

Truss is about to speak from outside No, 10, having resigned as party leader, she now needs to give notice she's off to resign as PM, then go to see King 'oh dear, oh dear' Charles.
And we all know what happened the last time a PM had to go and tender their resignation to the monarch. Old Queenie was dead within 48 hours.

Aah, her kids scuttling away in the background. Both looked like teenagers, they must be getting done shit at school

By all accounts it was still shit (I’ve not watched it, what would be the point?)

Oh, the content of the speech was shit, I was just referring to how she actually delivered it, without any weird pauses, and without sounding robotic, which in itself was a minor miracle, considering her usual performance.

Oh, the content of the speech was shit, I was just referring to how she actually delivered it, without any weird pauses, and without sounding robotic, which in itself was a minor miracle, considering her usual performance.

I only caught a few seconds but thought she was stumbling over a latin or greek reference. It was enough to make me switch channels anyway.

True, I’m sure by her standards it was a masterpiece.

Everyone elses it was coherent

I only caught a few seconds but thought she was stumbling over a latin or greek reference. It was enough to make me switch channels anyway.
Did you miss the nearby protesters playing "I predict a riot" loudly nearby at the end then?

She stumbled over the identity of who she was about to quote. Roman senator Seneca (a famous Stoic philosopher).

I prefer his other famous quote:
"Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness"

He said it like it was a bad thing but I read it differently 😁

In the coming apocalypse, after the raising of the dead under the burning krypton-red sun, the space hamster wars, and the tofu riots (one two and three), Liz Truss, remembered as Our Lady of Numbers, will be venerated in a pantheon of gods.

Maybe then we can find out why she was almost giggling during her resignation speech

In the coming apocalypse, after the raising of the dead under the burning krypton-red sun, the space hamster wars, and the tofu riots (one two and three), Liz Truss, remembered as Our Lady of Numbers, will be venerated in a pantheon of gods.

Maybe then we can find out why she was almost giggling during her resignation speech
liz truss is not our lady of Numbers

She's had the practice, they've kept her away from everything else so she's had the time

Bumped because the Mail on Sunday apparently have an exclusive tomorrow that during the first leadership election, Truss' mobile phone was compromised by hackers and they got a years worth of messages, including messages critical of Johnson and some secret information. The report also lays it on thick about private messages between her and Kwarteng being on there too, so I guess that is another rumour that is about to be confirmed.

the conservative club email said the process is that my application form would be pinned to the noticeboard for three weeks and if nobody objects during that time then I can then join (£25 a year). I have a very obviously weird foreign name so wouldn't be surprised if somebody were to voice concerns, but thats more about the town in general.
Sunak? Portillo? Javid? Mogg? Villiers? Kruger? Elphicke? Kwacyynski, Dinenage? Jayawadena? Fabricunt? All tory MPs.

Actually if you look at this list you're more likely to become a Labour MP if you have a sexy foreign name :cool:

Bumped because the Mail on Sunday apparently have an exclusive tomorrow that during the first leadership election, Truss' mobile phone was compromised by hackers and they got a years worth of messages, including messages critical of Johnson and some secret information. The report also lays it on thick about private messages between her and Kwarteng being on there too, so I guess that is another rumour that is about to be confirmed.
Please let there be a text message where she calls Bojo Big Dogshit :D

Vanilla sex scandals tend to play in the favour of the adulterer these days so I hope it's proper filth like he had his budget box full of her used tampons and was wanking into it or something.

What is the scam there? I keep getting loads of those messages (no children).
The offspring has lost the phone/bank cards/money. They have a new sim in their friend's phone. Then asks for money to replace phone/need money to travel home. Probably works best if the offspring is travelling in a foreign country.

More details:

Liz Truss’s mobile phone was hacked by agents presumed to be working for Russia’s Vladimir Putin during the Tory leadership race which propelled her briefly into Downing Street, according to an explosive report.

Opposition parties have demanded urgent investigation into whether the then foreign secretary’s phone was breached by Russian spies this summer and, if so, why the matter was kept from the public.

In his position at the time as outgoing prime minister, Boris Johnson is alleged to have been informed of the hack immediately and agreed with his cabinet secretary Simon Case on a “total news blackout”.

The hackers are claimed to have gained access to sensitive information, including discussions with foreign officials about the war in Ukraine and details about arms shipments.

oops - is this her official mobile phone we're presuming?

hmm so Russian is losing Kherson so lets attack liz truss

jebus the russian bot army must be grasping at straws at this point :D

Back
Top Bottom