Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Blimey, there's another book...

View attachment 349608

Apparently it's 100 pages, I assume only 2 actually contains any text.

To commemorate Liz Truss' record-breaking 45 days in office, we set to write an equally memorable book detailing her greatest accomplishments. But, just like her policies, our work was sadly undone. Here's a blank notebook for your troubles.

Wow. If there's a connection that's pretty vindictive. Nobody told her she had to go on local BBC radio.

There isn't a connection, these changes have been planned for some months, whilst various local BBC stations will share more programmes outside of breakfast & lunch times, local news, traffic & weather will be inserted for the different stations sharing the overall programmes, eg BBC Radio Kent will share more programmes with BBC Radio Sussex, but they will still have separate news bulletins.

The various different breakfast shows, which Truss appeared on, are not being cancelled.

Whilst overall there has to be cuts, they are moving resources to cover local news online more.

BBC to create more than 130 local news jobs – but more roles to be axed

On breakfast news, there were a couple of Tory insiders talking about how she's personally shattered, an emotional wreck, life in ruins around her, hopes abandoned and dreams turned to dust, barely able to function, stumbling on a precipice, friends and family worried sick.

Maybe they were just trying to offer the nation something positive, but it seemed like a departure from the way people in public life are usually talked about. There was raw pity about actual breakdown rather than anything more jokey. I was quite struck by the tone of it.

If she was watching, it would've sent her deep inside another bottle. It was killing with kindness.

she's personally shattered, an emotional wreck, life in ruins around her, hopes abandoned and dreams turned to dust, barely able to function, stumbling on a precipice, friends and family worried sick.

Of course, Truss would never be part of a party that's been gleefully heaping those exact same symptoms on millions of non-party members for years already.

I think all this says to me is that maybe she's got a soupçon more conscience than some of her contemporaries but my flint-like heart can't really empathise with a failure all of her own making.

On breakfast news, there were a couple of Tory insiders talking about how she's personally shattered, an emotional wreck, life in ruins around her, hopes abandoned and dreams turned to dust, barely able to function, stumbling on a precipice, friends and family worried sick.

Maybe they were just trying to offer the nation something positive, but it seemed like a departure from the way people in public life are usually talked about. There was raw pity about actual breakdown rather than anything more jokey. I was quite struck by the tone of it.

If she was watching, it would've sent her deep inside another bottle. It was killing with kindness.
If I were her, I'd lay off the coffee, and maybe get a script for some zopis.
Sleep is a restorative.
Her dreams may be shattered, but she is young enough to make fresh ones.

Boo fucking hoo.

1667371208664.gif

Of course, Truss would never be part of a party that's been gleefully heaping those exact same symptoms on millions of non-party members for years already.

I think all this says to me is that maybe she's got a soupçon more conscience than some of her contemporaries but my flint-like heart can't really empathise with a failure all of her own making.

Unlike many of us, she's not going to worry about paying bills while struggling mentally. Is it £115,00 a year for life? If I was her, I'd just fuck off to a nice island somewhere with my family.

Back
Top Bottom