Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Unlike many of us, she's not going to worry about paying bills while struggling mentally. Is it £115,00 a year for life? If I was her, I'd just fuck off to a nice island somewhere with my family.

While she’s indeed unlikely to be worrying about paying (essential) bills the answer to this bit is no, it’s not. She will get very little if anything extra at any point from her disastruss term (possibly a few weeks of enhanced pension contributions).

And it may be a failure of empathy but I cannot feel sorry for her at all.

While she’s indeed unlikely to be worrying about paying (essential) bills the answer to this bit is no, it’s not. She will get very little if anything extra at any point from her disastruss term (possibly a few weeks of enhanced pension contributions).

So yeah basically a salary. Once she forms a company that rents out an office from a landlord for £1000 a month and then re-rent it out to Truss for £5k and all her family are 'secretaries'

That would be fraud. The money has to be spent on actual expenses incurred running an office that executes actual public duties.

Of course if she’s willing to do illegal things then there are many ways open to her to make money, as there are to most of us.

That would be fraud. The money has to be spent on actual expenses incurred running an office that executes actual public duties.

Of course if she’s willing to do illegal things then there are many ways open to her to make money, as there are to most of us.
Well of course they are all honourable and wouldn't do that.

Well of course they are all honourable and wouldn't do that.

My point is that she’s not being given some automatic stipend as a reward for 6 weeks of chaos. She has to grift for it, and basically break the law (if she wants personal benefit). Maybe she will, maybe she won’t, but if she does then it’s that that gets the ire, not the theoretical possibility of it. And she certainly couldn’t use it to go and live on an island somewhere.

Anyway that’s the last I’m saying on the matter!

why would he even bother
I suppose it depends on what they've got, (if it was the Russians?), but if there were material that might potentially cause political embarrassment/discomfort, particularly related to Ukraine or surviving ministers etc, why wouldn't he?

She can sit back and take a relieved sigh. Others have the ongoing issue of higher mortgage payments to deal with.

I wouldn't pin the energy crisis on her - that was Cameron compounded by Johnson.
I wouldn't pin the Covid debt on her - that was May compounded by Johnson.

But Truss owns all the mortgages that got rejected in her tenure, plus the inflated mortgage rates now on offer, and all the government debt that has a higher repayment cost than before her little economic adventure.

On breakfast news, there were a couple of Tory insiders talking about how she's personally shattered, an emotional wreck, life in ruins around her, hopes abandoned and dreams turned to dust, barely able to function, stumbling on a precipice, friends and family worried sick.

Maybe they were just trying to offer the nation something positive, but it seemed like a departure from the way people in public life are usually talked about. There was raw pity about actual breakdown rather than anything more jokey. I was quite struck by the tone of it.

If she was watching, it would've sent her deep inside another bottle. It was killing with kindness.

Fuck her , hope she drowns in it.

I’m not sure her family are worried sick. Her dad has disowned her and no longer speaks to her.

I favour her being dehelicoptered along with Anderson, Braverman, Kwarteng, Patel, Badenoch and IDS. Fuck it, dehelicopter the whole lot of em

Helicopter to Rwanda, with a wee stop off over a deep body of water somewhere.

Helicopter to Rwanda, with a wee stop off over a deep body of water somewhere.
Not the English Channel, where she may land in a dinghy bursting with refugees who would probably rescue her and treat her kindly, only to get a different welcome when they get to England

Back
Top Bottom