Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Just got an email back from the local conservative club, I’m very welcome to apply to be a member, no mention of any political requirement whatsoever. Monthly quiz and bingo nights.
I get the impression that it is considered bad form to discuss politics at the Conservative Club.

They had to put bars on the windows of the Conservative club where I grew up.

Perfectly sensible once you've boarded up the door
1NvfvRb.gif

I get the impression that it is considered bad form to discuss politics at the Conservative Club.

It's apparently bad form to allude to politics in my entire local Conservative Party - they've started putting out leaflets with only one tiny party logo in the p. 2 footer, doing their best to hide who they are altogether. All of the content is about pedestrian crossings and the like. If I was a Tory in this area (🤣 ) I'd be thinking I might as well vote Lib Dem.

It's apparently bad form to allude to politics in my entire local Conservative Party - they've started putting out leaflets with only one tiny party logo in the p. 2 footer, doing their best to hide who they are altogether. All of the content is about pedestrian crossings and the like. If I was a Tory in this area (🤣 ) I'd be thinking I might as well vote Lib Dem.
Yeah tory leaflets here tend to stick to the local "dog shit politics" issues.

the conservative club email said the process is that my application form would be pinned to the noticeboard for three weeks and if nobody objects during that time then I can then join (£25 a year). I have a very obviously weird foreign name so wouldn't be surprised if somebody were to voice concerns, but thats more about the town in general.

the conservative club email said the process is that my application form would be pinned to the noticeboard for three weeks and if nobody objects during that time then I can then join (£25 a year). I have a very obviously weird foreign name so wouldn't be surprised if somebody were to voice concerns, but thats more about the town in general.
Isn't pinning your application form up like that breaking data protection laws? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom