Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

i dont see how the vermin can become stable enough to hold on for a GE in a couple of years. All the rancour will still exist under Sunak or whoever. Nor do i see them voting for a GE that they will lose. So plenty chaos ahead regardless. Bringing the likeliehood of a national government stitch up with Starmers lot much nearer. or, worst still WW3. Maybe both. A serious working class presence needs establishing - just to show 'the market' that an alternative societal power still exists and it can be assertive in it's own interests.

Cometh the hour, cometh the deranged narcissist and pathological liar.

She's unified the fucking world, not just the country :D

Russia’s foreign ministry has welcomed the departure of Liz Truss as British prime minister, describing her as a “disgrace” of a leader who will be remembered for her “catastrophic illiteracy”.

“Britain has never known such a disgrace of a prime minister,” Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in a social media post.

Truss has been the target of withering comments from Moscow since she visited in February as part of a fruitless drive by western politicians to avert a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The claim of illiteracy appears to refer to that trip, when Truss was British foreign secretary. In a meeting with Russia’s veteran foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, she appeared to confuse two regions of Russia with Ukraine, triggering widespread mockery in Russian media.

Zakharova also mocked Truss’s high-profile photo shoot in Estonia last year, where she donned a flak jacket and helmet to ride in a tank during a visit to British troops stationed in the Baltic country.

seriously doubt Johnson would have the backing of enough mps . The members may love him - but mps know hes shat the bed with voters - and he is the very worse option if you wanted to avoid any more chaos. The headbangers will go for braverman or badenoch. If they get enough to get to the last two I cant see them standing down as they'd have a good chance of winning the members vote and do not want to see a "coup" by the party establishment If its sunack/mourdant/an other "centrist" as the last two- then one will step down.

seriously doubt Johnson would have the backing of enough mps . The members may love him - but mps know hes shat the bed with voters - and he is the very worse option if you wanted to avoid any more chaos. The headbangers will go for braverman or badenoch. If they get enough to get to the last two I cant see them standing down as they'd have a good chance of winning the members vote and do not want to see a "coup" by the party establishment If its sunack/mourdant/an other "centrist" as the last two- then one will step down.

Agreed.

Plus he's still being investigated by the Privileges Committee.

Back
Top Bottom