Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Are they going to come out and announce themselves the contenders or is it all just going to happen behind closed doors or what.

Yes, if I've got this right: the tory members were the ones who made her PM, but only by making her party leader. She's just resigned as leader of the tory party but continues as PM (only for a week, admittedly).

Boris got to be PM all the way through the leadership contest while making more babies and sunning himself in the med so I assume this will be the same?

It's their ideas and actions, not their speech impediments, I find objectionable
Yes very 'right on' of you Pickman's Model. But right wing lisping semi despots need teaching a lesson by the 'mob'. i have no problems with left wing lisping democrats btw. Some of my besties have been of that very same variety ;)
🤣

The problem with whatever process they come up with is the party is such a pit of broiling vomit that they won't be able to predict the outcome. They'll presumably have to get nominations in within the next 24 hours? I think it's very unlikely to be anyone other than sunak or mordor, but they could fuck it up and re-loon the party again.

If Braverman gets in there will be riots and so there should be.
not going to happen, braverman or kemi or any of those. Unless the party thinks that's their only remaining chance to win the next GE, just going on about tofu and immigrants and cervixes for the next 2 years.

The problem with whatever process they come up with is the party is such a pit of broiling vomit that they won't be able to predict the outcome. They'll presumably have to get nominations in within the next 24 hours? I think it's very unlikely to be anyone other than sunak or mordor, but they could fuck it up and re-loon the party again.
Part of the reason Im more confident that the loon possibilities wont be enabled this time is the nature of the economic market doom - its killed an ideology and its put the establishment of the country into emergency dull stable management mode.

I don't know it at all - I doubt Sunak will win this new leadership contest, and I doubt he would win the next election even if he did.

Well let's see. A lot of the last candidates seem to be ruling themselves out already. No word from Sunak yet. But I can't believe the idiots who voted for Truss could be so stupid twice and not elect him this time. It is a a poisoned chalice though so you might be right. He might not even run.

I don't think there'll be another loon to follow, that wing of the parliamentary party has just fucked it too badly this time and it won't get to putting one in front of the membership.

She was clearly trying to stiffle as smile a couple of times during the announcement. I wonder if it was out of relief, or if she was already thinking of the shit time her successor is going to have as well, and rejoicing at the thought?

Feel sorry for her, really. She didn't apply for the job, she fought tooth and nail for it.

I do too, a little. I mean, she's still quids in and she did mess it up royally, it's all memes and facepalms to me but life and death to many. However, she was looking seriously unwell.

Back
Top Bottom