Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

but don't worry folks. The natural party of government will soon replace liz truss with a grown up sensible tory to administer austerity round two and they will all unite behind sunak/hunt/mourdant.

Alternatively the shit show will carry on and on. Good job there isn't like a whole load of really serious stuff that the government needs to urgently deal with.
Popular pressure for an election will grow and grow. Quite possibly with much of the media and the likes of the CBI and the corporates joining in because they really dont like having a constant state of political chaos . Which is going to be ... interesting.

They're now actively hoping their MPs u-turn :D

In the comments there's questions as to whether Peston meant "no longer a confidence vote". Probably some Tory MPs among them, still trying to figure out what exactly they voted for.

but don't worry folks. The natural party of government will soon replace liz truss with a grown up sensible tory to administer austerity round two and they will all unite behind sunak/hunt/mourdant.

Alternatively the shit show will carry on and on. Good job there isn't like a whole load of really serious stuff that the government needs to urgently deal with.
Popular pressure for an election will grow and grow. Quite possibly with much of the media and the likes of the CBI and the corporates joining in because they really dont like having a constant state of political chaos . Which is going to be ... interesting.
Yep. And it's going to further ruin public services and widen inequality.

They're all a load of dysfunctional, selfish cunts. They aren't serving the public, they are hurting it. I'll leave it there though except to say they will in the end all cover each others' arses first and last.

"We go now to the offices of the 1922 Committee..."

harry-potter-letters.gif

Never mind. Catch up on the commentary and then watch it later on YouTube at increased speed, skip through the nonsense and slow it down to see the bits that you want to form your own opinion on. Saves a lot of time to do the news this way, I find.

ETA
I also consume a lot of R4 news on catch up as soon as it’s available that way. It doesn’t put me more than about 40 minutes behind any news, which is fairly meaningless unless it’s a breaking story. I can skip the sports and weather, go back and check details for city news (cos I’m a dunce about most of that and need to listen twice sometimes) etc.

This isn’t working right now.

There country has gone to shit, people will die this winter because of a crass and morally contemptible Government that has grown fat off its own arrogance, and there is every chance I won't be able to pay my mortgage past April....

....BUT some of this is some of the funniest shit I think have ever seen - not just in Politics.

So it was just monumentally stupid, forcing all the MPs to vote for fracking, which nobody wants and isn’t going to happen anyway.
All it achieved was making them hate her a bit more. That makes more sense than it being a cunning plan I get it now :thumbs:

So it was just monumentally stupid, forcing all the MPs to vote for fracking, which nobody wants and isn’t going to happen anyway.
All it achieved was making them hate her a bit more. That makes more sense than it being a cunning plan I get it now :thumbs:

It was a cunning plan from labour. They bought it forward and forced the conservatives to vote on it. Basically igniting the fuse and walking away :)

Back
Top Bottom