Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

So did the SNP only pull out of the vote when it stopped being a confidence vote? That would explain the kerfuffle over an easy government win.

Message for the PM please go and see the King tomorrow and ask for an Election because this cant carry on

Brenda gets 75 years of calm parliamentary waters* and poor Brian lasts barely a whole fortnight without a constitutional crisis.

*barring that one time her nonce uncle, nonce cousin and nonce father-in-law (who were all coincidentally the same person) tried to stage a coup against Harold Wilson.

Message for the PM please go and see the King tomorrow and ask for an Election because this cant carry on

TBF I wouldn't be that surprised if the Crown stepped in anyway - this can't be allowed to continue and it is extremely questionable whether she commands a majority of the Commons.

The King could dismiss her, then appoint whoever from that lot he is advised could form a government.

TBF I wouldn't be that surprised if the Crown stepped in anyway - this can't be allowed to continue and it is extremely questionable whether she commands a majority of the Commons.

The King could dismiss her, then appoint whoever from that lot he is advised could form a government.
I would be very surprised. Dangerous for a monarch, let alone a new monarch, to interfere in parliamentary business.

Is there anything that could actually plausibly cause a general election now? Mass resignation of Tory MPs? (Highly unlikely) Could a no confidence vote do it?

Back
Top Bottom