Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Left Tube and Anarchist Videos

An in-depth look by Neighbour Democracy into the inner workings of the commune system in Northeast Syria (Rojava) and how they work in practice to give people direct say over the decisions that affect their lives at the most local level. We have to make the road by walking.

An in-depth look by Neighbour Democracy into the inner workings of the commune system in Northeast Syria (Rojava) and how they work in practice to give people direct say over the decisions that affect their lives at the most local level. We have to make the road by walking.

Having read this informative article by the CWO I now have a different view of Rojava

The latest from Post-Comprehension. This 1st part covers Infrared's misunderstanding of Roger Griffin's definition of fascism and why it wouldn't count the French Revolution or the American Civil War as fascist. The 2nd part will go over his claim regarding Alexander Dugin's connections to the far-right.

I'm a big fan of Thought Slime just as somebody who's really good at presenting a video essay and basically generally sound. I think this maybe the best thing he's done - straight from the heart.

Looking at Lorenzo Kom'boa Ervin's extraordinary life, from being a former Black Panther, evading the authorities by hijacking a plane to Cuba to being captured by the CIA in Eastern Europe and a subsequent 15 year stretch in prison, and how these experiences inspired him to write the landmark book 'Anarchism and the Black Revolution', perhaps the definitive writing on Black anarchism in the USA first published in 1979 and reissued by Pluto Press in 2021.

The latest from Andrewism - Capitalism is based on the cancerous logic of perpetual expansion, devastating the living world. In the face of ecological breakdown, we need to restore the balance. We need to end the artificial divide between society, economy, and nature. We need degrowth.

This made me think a bit about national self-determination and how it may be dubious in certain circumstances. One of the few still doing well researched videos with any regularity.

Part 1 of a What Is Politics? video

Why has every communist country so far been a one-party dictatorship? Richard Wolff can’t answer this question for some reason. Neither can Freddie de Boer. Yet the answer is very simple, and we can learn a lot from it. Is it something inherent to Marxism? Is human nature incompatible with political equality? Has “true” communism never been tried yet? If so, then why not?

We need a social revolution to build a better future. But how is that process carried out? What tactics and strategies are needed to fundamentally transform the socio-economic and political order? How do we combine a range of acts of confrontation, non-cooperation, and prefiguration to reshape our world? Let's find out. This is the latest video by Andrewism.

Last edited:
Lucky Black Cat, Emerican Johnson and Nora discuss advice that is useful for any organizer or activist, tips to help your organization or movement grow in both size and active participation. This advice draws from two sources: 1. Social psychology 2. Real life examples of successful mass movements and organizing campaigns In terms of real life activist struggles, they discuss lessons from the Quebec student strike of 2012, a labor union struggle by hotel workers in San Francisco, and a struggle against a predatory landlord by Seattle Solidarity Network.

We need a social revolution to build a better future. But how is that process carried out? What tactics and strategies are needed to fundamentally transform the socio-economic and political order? How do we combine a range of acts of confrontation, non-cooperation, and prefiguration to reshape our world? Let's find out. This is the latest video by Andrewism.

I like this youtuber and I found the solarpunk videos to be at least interesting, but the whole take control of the commons and become a farmer thing sounds neither revolutionary or appealing to me. Being a wage slave with access to a supermarket is preferable to having grow your own food IMO.

Lucky Black Cat, Emerican Johnson and Nora discuss advice that is useful for any organizer or activist, tips to help your organization or movement grow in both size and active participation. This advice draws from two sources: 1. Social psychology 2. Real life examples of successful mass movements and organizing campaigns In terms of real life activist struggles, they discuss lessons from the Quebec student strike of 2012, a labor union struggle by hotel workers in San Francisco, and a struggle against a predatory landlord by Seattle Solidarity Network.

what did you learn from it?

I like this youtuber and I found the solarpunk videos to be at least interesting, but the whole take control of the commons and become a farmer thing sounds neither revolutionary or appealing to me. Being a wage slave with access to a supermarket is preferable to having grow your own food IMO.
Become a farmer? Not aware of him recommending that everyone do that.

Last edited:
Btw stalky pickmans, just a reminder - I've got you on ignore and so am not in any way interested in communication with you at all. I've completely given up on you.

Well I guess thats this thread derailed yet again.

Last edited:
Become a farmer? Not aware of him recommending that everyone do that.

Not everyone, no. But it does look like he's applying old anarchist theory about peasant communes, and there might be a good argument to be had about that if we had a peasant based society. But we don't. There's no social basis for growing independent self-sustaining autonomous zones. The gradualism is also a problem, it's not as if the capitalist state will just let alternatives to it grow without checking them.

I think that he's coming up with these ideas is a symptom broader problem with his voluntarism, there isn't social theoretic meat on these utopian bones even if the utopian bones can be quite interesting.

(I also disagree with the autonomous, anti-authoritarian stance - I would rather focus on economic democratisation - but I recognise there are anarchists who can combine autonomism with a materialist social theoretic understanding of revolutionary change)

Back
Top Bottom