Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth Country Show is back! Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th July 2022

Here's what's not allowed:

• Drugs inc. “Legal Highs” /
  • Nitrous Oxide / Laughing Gas
  • Knives / Weapons / Ammunition
  • Alcohol
  • Unsealed containers of liquid / Unsealed bottles of liquid
  • (empty reusable bottles and sealed unopened bottles are allowed)
  • Drones / UAVs
  • Glass Bottles / Containers
  • Perfume Bottles / Aerosols
  • BBQs, incl. Disposables
  • Air Horns / Smoke Canisters
  • Fireworks / Explosives / Flares
  • Sparklers / Chinese Lanterns / Candles
  • Portable Laser Equipment / Laser Pens
  • Horns / Loudhailers
  • Spray paints / Graffiti pens
  • Flags / Poles
  • Tents / Gazebos
  • Stereo Systems
  • Large Luggage Items
  • Bicycles (please use designated cycle parks before entering)
  • Professional Filming / Audio Recording Equipment
  • (Photography with professional equipment, such as DSLR, is permitted)
  • High-Vis Bibs / Jackets / Vests – to be worn by event staff only
  • Any other articles that may be a danger to the public or cause nuisance – this is at the discretion of show security.

And to think a few years ago you could just stroll in with no hassle at all :rolleyes:

I was in the park last weekend and i noticed a few tents going up that looked suspiciously like the type security funnel people through and pick people off to search.

Blimey, I think I'll give it a miss (I can't really afford to buy alcohol at places, and if I can't bring some in then nope) - it was many years ago now, but the last time I went I remember taking beer with me and then taking acid and having a whale of a time. I think there was jousting but I couldn't be entirely sure whether that existed IRL iykwim.

The security is likely to be really heavy after what happened at Wireless Festival in Finsbury Park recently.

We need reports! Tales of smiling security and decent booze and entertainment might shift me from my garden.

Am sat outside entrance A, near the lido. I can see people being asked to empty pockets and the wand being waved over them. Seems like an overkill, and means I probably won't be able to smuggle in cans. The fence is not high at all though.

Cursory bag inspection for me. I could have had 2 cans and a bottle of rum in the front compartment and they'd not know. Just made a big deal of showing them the main bit

As sad as I am about the demise of this festival due to the mammoth fence, I'm still gonna go.

Maybe see some urbs under the cedar tree by Brockwell Hall as we've done in previous years?
Had that tree got a fence around it or am I looking at the wrong tree?

Had that tree got a fence around it or am I looking at the wrong tree?
They have been digging up the ground near Brockwell hall for ages - the oak is surrounded by fencing. 🙁
I popped in at midday - visited a few charity / community stalls, bought some chuckle head and left early before it got busy.

Wasn't obvious where you were supposed to exit.
I asked at the entance were there where not many people coming in and dozens of empty fenced lines with loads of security staff standing about. The guards indicated the only line with a security man standing between the fences. He just stood to one side ie still half blocking a person wide space. If I wasn't over 60 I would have thought he wanted me to rub up against him. I gave him a hard stare till he came all the way out of the space, rude bastard.

Back
Top Bottom